Fresh Water siphon effect

kylecm

I don't know anything to call it then a freshwater siphon effect. When I am filling my freshwater, if I wait until it overflows, I lose about 1/3 of the tank. It appears as if once the overflow vent opens then it siphons for a good 5-minutes. Anyone else experiences something like this?

Chuck

2014 Thor Siesta 24SA

Hooligan2

Discussion on a Siesta/Synergy group, The fresh tank appeared to be missing some vent lines. This Photo of my (24ST) tank may help. I have no problem with siphoning. May be worthwhile to contact Thor for vent diagram. Thor will make tech drawings, plumbing, wiring holding tanks, etc available, normally no charge by email.

Attachments

kylecm

Thanks for the pic. I have tried to get to the top of mine but it’s under the bed and I can’t find a way to remove the panel easily. What is interesting is that once the tank starts to overflow, I can see two distinct water flows. Just like yours where you have two that come out of the top and then out the bottom. Do you know what the purpose of the third hose?

I plan on calling Thor on Monday.

Thanks

Chuck
Like yours with two

Last edited:

kylecm

Discussion on a Siesta/Synergy group, The fresh tank appeared to be missing some vent lines. This Photo of my (24ST) tank may help. I have no problem with siphoning. May be worthwhile to contact Thor for vent diagram. Thor will make tech drawings, plumbing, wiring holding tanks, etc available, normally no charge by email.
I called Thor. Told them what I was experiencing and they had an IMMEDIATE solution. He said that it takes five turns to break that siphon. So go to the overflow, add tubing and make five loops, then reconnect it to the overflow. The five turns will break the siphon. I have to do it on both overflows. He said that once the overflow starts it can pull almost 2/3rds of the water out.

I hope they have that fixed in the newer models.

FredAk

Did they show how close to the top of the tank the loops should be ? Pictures ?

I called Thor. Told them what I was experiencing and they had an IMMEDIATE solution. He said that it takes five turns to break that siphon. So go to the overflow, add tubing and make five loops, then reconnect it to the overflow. The five turns will break the siphon. I have to do it on both overflows. He said that once the overflow starts it can pull almost 2/3rds of the water out.

I hope they have that fixed in the newer models.
kylecm is offline Report Post

kylecm

No they did not. I did my best to get the hose above the tank. My problem was that I had to try and do all of this through the little door to the water pump. I could not figure out how to remove the bed to get to the top of the tank. So I made a hose, five loops, and snaked it back on top of the tank. And nope, it did not work. This spring, I am going to remove the bed and redo the entire area, with better plumbing and a new water pump.

Top Bottom