Where to spend time in winter

paraman1

While I do ski I am also a mountain biker and as we are in between seasons for the moment I am trying to come up with some winter time destinations for mountain biking. I know I can bundle up and go get some cycling in regardless of the weather but I am looking for someplace where I can wear my shorts and T-shirts while enjoying some mountain biking?

Where do you like to take your bikes in the winter?

If you're a fair weather van lifer where do you like to spend all or part of winter?

Right now I am in Southern Idaho where its 24 degrees outside with a high of 46 expected but I would sure Love to be somewhere where its going to be between 60-80 degrees today.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Lowland AZ and NM aren't bad. Baja California on the Cortez side is mild in the winter. Not sure about biking down there, but plenty of desert to go around.

paraman1

I guess I should have specified that I would like to stay in the US but thank you for the tip. If I did go into Mexico it would probably only be to Rosarita as I have friends that winter there.

Please keep the recommendations coming guys.

GaryJ

Here since 2006
Death Valley National Park where you can dry camp 1 mile or more from the nearest paved road in much of the park. It has one "no generator" campground, Texas Springs if you like a quiet campground. Leaving in the morning to be there starting Thursday for a month or so... No reservations there.

Also, Anza Borrego State Park, which has vast areas for boondocking in addition to the campground. Slightly warmer than Death Valley, especially at night. February beautiful.

Gary

RVCuisineScene

I spent last winter in Pagosa Springs CO, and am there this winter there as well. It's 23 miles from town to Wolf Creek ski area, most snow in CO. It's 100 miles from town to the mt biking in Phils World outside of Cortez, two to three hours drive west from town and you'll find Canyonlands NP, Cedar Mesa and tons of BLM, Forrest Service land to ride. I did numerous biking trips out there from Pagosa last winter, best of both world class skiing and biking. There are pics on my blog at http://KitchenHui.com

Last edited:
60's to 70's here now in Vegas, no rain however for many months ;( and has numerous mb areas with plenty of areas to camp.

Redrock, Blue Diamond, Mt Charleston, Lake Mead, Boulder City *big mb park a longtime friend Brent Thompson built and was paid by city to do so. What a sweet gig!

Nearby to Zion, Bryce, DV, hot springs, rock climbing, hiking, para sports, etc.

Top Bottom