Winterizing with Truma Water Heating

bigpapaporsche

I Winterized out 2017 Pleasureway last Nov per the PW manual. I left for the FMCA Rally in Georgia last week and was surprised when I filled the Fresh Water System and found the Truma Water Heating leaking. Upon inspection, we found a cracked housing. No Hot Water for a week. I leaving for the Truma's Repair facility in Elkhart Ind tomorrow for them to fix it.

Here is my question; I don't understand why the Housing Cracked, since I did Winterize it. I went to Youtube to study the system and I think I found the answer to my question. The PW manual says to remove the Filter housing to drain the Water Heating and then reinstall the Filter, which I did! While watching Youtube and reading the Truma manual, I found out that THEY RECOMMEND NOT to reinstall the filter until you are ready to use the system, i.e. store the filter inside the Water Heater housing. The reason is there are two O Rings on the Filter Housing and that some water may get trapped between these two O rings and cause the housing to crack from a FREEZING situations. I think that is what happened. P.S. not Warranty.

Wirehead

Truma makes an AquaGo Electric Antifreeze Kit that will take you down to -4 degrees F. it costs $199...but beats the alternative

We had to winterize our Plateau XLTS several times in November 2018 in New Mexico, Texas, and Mississippi when the temps dropped below 40 degrees as recommended by PW.

We will be buying this unit for trips in Fall 2019.

JSC

Truma makes an AquaGo Electric Antifreeze Kit that will take you down to -4 degrees F. it costs $199...but beats the alternative

We had to winterize our Plateau XLTS several times in November 2018 in New Mexico, Texas, and Mississippi when the temps dropped below 40 degrees as recommended by PW.

We will be buying this unit for trips in Fall 2019.
Did you ever install that Antifreeze Kit? If yes, is it working well?

Top Bottom