New Sprinter Questions

jafo252

Ad Blue Tech????? Wholey @E#$@%#%@$!!!! That sucks! When Is that supposed to come out? Was not listed in 2009 models. I also wander if it will be required to be added to "work" trucks?? There are a lot of exceptions to work trucks that passenger compared to passenger vehicles...like not having to post estimated mpg on sticker...and, I can almost guarantee that you will see some wiz kid making a "trick" to bypass that thing or disableing it...kinda like what you see on the radios that only play dvds in the front of the car when it is moving...I just hate the fact I have to wait 4-6 months after I order it...I like the instant gratification plus, I don't know if my spare van can make it...

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Is this worldwide??? :eek:

The world is concerned with reducing NOX emmissions, so yeah, it's world wide.

On the MB-USA, LLC website, I see that the 2009 MB CDIs (GL320 and ML320) are going to have it. I'd expect all the MB diesels in North America are going to be equipped with this system.

I thought it was happening in 2009 Sprinters, but a quick perusal of the 2009 Techauthority (Sprinter) service information showed me no mention of Selective Catalytic Reduction or "Adblue".

Disclaimer: I have problems reading the service information. I could have missed it. I easily could have missed it.

Here, there's a sales person response to my question about 2009 Sprinters and Adblue.

Clearly SprinterSales was unaware of the technology, confusing it with a diesel particulate filter, so Chrysler Vans, LLC hadn't - at that point - assured knowledge transfer about the technology to him.

SprinterUK (Chris) understands, however (good for Chris!) and says they land in the UK next year.

Richard (Altered Sprinter) or Andy Bittenbinder (abittenbinder) probably can tell us when/if it will happen to North American NCV3s.

-Jon

Last edited:

bikergar

My unsolicited opinion...This will be the death of the MB diesel in this country,,,Which may be what some are after :rant:.

Imagine standing outside today in our northern tier of states fumbling with what looks like a calf feeding bottle, playing trying to hit the hole when you can't feel your fingers...:censored::censored::censored:

:rant: over for the time being...NOX makes me hungry.:smirk:

gary

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
I also wander if it will be required to be added to "work" trucks??
Trucks here have had Euro5 engines for quite a while - the legislation applies to all vehicle classes.

I've actually held off ordering an NCV3 because I want the Euro5 one: we already have the Government charging for road use using emission standards as a basis for their tariff so to have the latest engine is likely to be prudent in the longer term.

I understand I can order a '09 AdBlue Euro5 Sprinter in March / April for delivery June / July.

Diamondsea

My 2009 delivered the last week of December does not have AdBlue and there is no mention of it in the instruction manual.

jafo252

I was talking to my dealer about the aux front heater. I have read some post about a remote and was asking him about it. He says it is no longer availble for 09 models? Is this true? What does this do? If I had a choice between the 2 different heaters, what would you get? Located in Northern Indiana. Cargo van used for furniture pick-up/delivery. Thanks... He also doesn't know of anything about power sliders (says it is available late 09 models).

Top Bottom