Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Talk

T1N Talk General Discussions related to T1N Sprinters.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:55 AM   #21
bcolins

Default Re: T21 Recall - Freightliner USA-ANYONE, ANYWHERE found a Knowledgeable dealer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggio95 View Post
I recently purchased a 2004 Freightliner Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser MB. A little bit of a drive for you from TX but the previous owner had the recall work done at Mercedes Benz of Littleton in the Denver area in May 2018.
baggio95, do you know if they had to replace the instrument cluster to correct a constantly on back light and constantly cycling EGR valve? Getting the recall done is not the issue,....fixing the problems caused by the recall is the issue.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:10 PM   #22
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 8,100 Times in 5,908 Posts
Default Re: T21 Recall - Freightliner USA-ANYONE, ANYWHERE found a Knowledgeable dealer??

Regarding Freightliner dealers, you might give McCoy Freightliner in Portland Oregon a call.

I do not KNOW if they're fought the 2004 battle, but at that time they were directly owned by corporate Freightliner, so were very busy bees in terms of filling Portland streets with Sprinters. We bought our 2005 from them in Dec 2005.
When we called them with a problem soon after the sale, they were willing to make an accurate guess over the phone as to what the problem was (bad IAT sensor).

Their Sprinter address/phone is:
SPRINTER & RVS
2323 NE Columbia BLVD
Portland OR 97211
(503) 735-1970

--dick
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))
autostaretx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:57 AM   #23
socalmbcruiser

jmiller5,

I have the same Forest River on 2004 chassis and live in OC. I have GDE tune that bypasses my faulty SKREEM and am planning to postpone the recall as long as possible. I have not received the recall notice yet. I occasionally take my rv in to Caliber Motors in Anaheim and they handle quite a bit of Spriters as far as I know. They are a MB dealer. When I took in a few weeks ago for brake fluid change, they told me I have a T21 recall, but I declined. So far they have changed my ECU, engine wiring harness, etc and I am happy with them. Please give them a call and let me know your experience with them if you take it there. Caliber Motors (855) 281-3286. Internet says they are located in Anaheim Hills but legal city is Anaheim. 5395 E La Palma Ave, Anaheim, CA 92807. Below is their Sprinter service website:

https://www.anaheimmercedes.com/Spri..._mercedes.html

Last edited by socalmbcruiser; 02-10-2019 at 07:06 AM.
socalmbcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to socalmbcruiser For This Useful Post:
skwoodwiva (02-10-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 09:05 PM   #24
rsprinterbeard

Hi All,

I received the same unhappy message in my renewal notice. I called my local MBZ dealer (Autobahn Motors, Belmont, CA), and they knew all about it! I have an appointment to have the ECU flashed the day after tomorrow.

-Robert
rsprinterbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:09 PM   #25
bcolins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsprinterbeard View Post
Hi All,

I received the same unhappy message in my renewal notice. I called my local MBZ dealer (Autobahn Motors, Belmont, CA), and they knew all about it! I have an appointment to have the ECU flashed the day after tomorrow.

-Robert
Robert, if your van is a 2004 or 2005 make sure you and they are aware of the post recall problems (which is what all the T21 threads are discussing)
Brian
Old 02-12-2019, 04:14 PM   #26
shooter0

I just had my 2013 3500 serviced for the recalls at Orlando Freightliner in Apopka, FL. Phone # 800-741-3846.
shooter0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:59 PM   #27
carter.home

I’ve been looking at this check engine light for over two years so, armed with the updated recall notice I am going to drive over to my local Mercedes dealer and see what they say about getting the instrument control cluster replaced
carter.home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #28
carter.home

Brian can you post a link to the original recall document?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:18 PM   #29
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 8,100 Times in 5,908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter.home View Post
Brian can you post a link to the original recall document?
Will a photo suffice?

recallVert.jpg

--dick
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))
autostaretx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:19 AM   #30
carter.home

I went to my local MB dealer in West Covina, Los Angeles county. I spoke with the service manager and the shop foreman. I showed the updated recall notice and told them I need the cluster control panel replaced. the "computer" shows the recall 2016040001 is closed, and until MB opens it again there is nothing they can do. I guess I understand, but they were polite and told me he would check weekly to see of it opens again and would contact me. I also called the MB Good Will Center (800) 367-6372, not much help but gave me this website https://www.mbvans.com/sprinter/owners-resources/recall if this recall reopens it will show here. You can input your VIN to check recalls.

autostaretx, when did you get this notice? If it is current it seems the recall would be open. IDK

2004 Freightliner Sprinter 3/2004mfg