Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Talk

T1N Talk General Discussions related to T1N Sprinters.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:18 PM   #21
JamesM

Default Re: T21 Recall for OM647s - Recommended Dealerships

I incorrectly posted this question in the main T21 thread and thought I would try again here--Has anyone had good results getting this recall completed in the Denver/Boulder area of Colorado? Anywhere in Colorado?
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:10 PM   #22
sikwan
06 T1N Can

Thanked 1,843 Times in 843 Posts
Default Re: T21 Recall - Recommended Dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethlp View Post
Dodge Chrysler Hilltop Richmond CA successful
2006 2500 263k Dodge wouldn’t pass smog. Egr Marf codes
Passed after recal.

I second this recommendation. I believe the service writers and their techs are up to speed on the pitfalls to this recall.

I have a 2006 and had mine done yesterday. Dropped it off 8:30am and got a call (recall complete) ~12:00pm. Also having a 2006 is probably the easiest one to have a recall done on, even though the service writer told me otherwise. They did make sure that I understood that this recall can take a day or more to complete, if there was a cluster issue. Clusters need to be shipped from SoCal.

I omitted the service writer and tech info. They took the 13 mile test ride after the reprogram.
T21_info.JPG
Interesting thing about the resonator. They know the part by name.

Overall, very professional, and recommended. Be warned that after this recommendation, they may be inundated with recalls. Don't be too hard on them, even though I had a good experience.

EDIT: I did find a few things they took the liberty to remove without replacing:
  1. Plastic red cap on the positive battery was removed and left on the front crossmember.
  2. Heatshrink was removed from my chewed up oxygen sensor cable that I repaired.
  3. My non-oem hack job to prevent the cabin air filter insulation from hanging down above the engine.

Annoys me that some technician would think that a customer wouldn't be able to tell (#2, #3).
sikwan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sikwan For This Useful Post:
hulagun (04-06-2019), michaelyares (02-21-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 12:21 AM   #23
H2Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shms View Post
Been scouring the main T21 Emission recall thread for a SD dealership that has their act together. So after reading your post here regarding Jack Powell in Esco, I called up the service dept, which forwarded me on to the recall agent. From what she said, they had very little experience w/ performing the recall. Did you happen to talk to the service mgr or a service tech which gave you an impression to the contrary? I have a 2006 and was set on heading up to see Cole in SLO. But happy to skip the 4 hour drive and go to Powell in Esco if these guys have their act together. Just didn't get the impression they did.

I just called the service department and scheduled it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
H2Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:25 AM   #24
jmiller5

RE recall T21 and 2016040001: I am in California, my vehicle is a 2004 Freightliner 2500, built as a motor home by Forest River, owned since 2010. Received recall notice 201632 (DMV) with my license renewal - it is the same as T21 (Dodge) and 2016040001 (Freightliner and Mercedes). I am in contact with CA Air Resources Board about this. I received the attached document from them, which explains the issue in more detail.

I am now searching for a Mercedes dealer to accomplish this mandatory repair. I am in Long Beach. Has anyone experienced the repair yet? If so, what dealer, what cost if any, how much time did it take, and how do you rate the experience?

I will appreciate any information available to guide me!

Thanks,
Jeff Miller
jeff.miller@csulb.edu
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CARB sprinter recall.pdf (558.5 KB, 41 views)
jmiller5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:49 AM   #25
Throttlejockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shms View Post
Been scouring the main T21 Emission recall thread for a SD dealership that has their act together. So after reading your post here regarding Jack Powell in Esco, I called up the service dept, which forwarded me on to the recall agent. From what she said, they had very little experience w/ performing the recall. Did you happen to talk to the service mgr or a service tech which gave you an impression to the contrary? I have a 2006 and was set on heading up to see Cole in SLO. But happy to skip the 4 hour drive and go to Powell in Esco if these guys have their act together. Just didn't get the impression they did.
Poway Dodge is even closer.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:33 PM   #26
jrb

Took my 2004 Westfalia to Glenn Thomas Dodge, Long Beach, Ca on Feb 8, 2019. Made appointment talking with Service; Frank or Dan.
They offer a rental car from nearby car rental; no charge. Worked out great, I am 50 miles away and rental really helped. Came back next day to completed
work. They fwd to Ca DMV work completed, but will supply written form if you need it sooner. Service receipt also reflects completed T21.

Have no problems with IC or EGR running after about a normal 45 sec. time delay after shutdown, as noted by others. Have nothing but favorable opinion
of Glenn Thomas, handled very professionally by them, no surprises so far.
jrb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrb For This Useful Post:
skwoodwiva (02-13-2019), smitty009 (08-03-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 05:40 AM   #27
spsolo12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
I incorrectly posted this question in the main T21 thread and thought I would try again here--Has anyone had good results getting this recall completed in the Denver/Boulder area of Colorado? Anywhere in Colorado?
Also very interested in an answer to this. I asked Linden Engineering if they could recommend a dealer, and they said MB of Littleton. Unfortunately, mine is a 2004 Dodge Sprinter, and I'm not sure if they cross pollinate on the recall service. Anyone know? I suppose I could call...
spsolo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:45 AM   #28
sikwan
06 T1N Can

Thanked 1,843 Times in 843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsolo12 View Post
Also very interested in an answer to this. I asked Linden Engineering if they could recommend a dealer, and they said MB of Littleton. Unfortunately, mine is a 2004 Dodge Sprinter, and I'm not sure if they cross pollinate on the recall service. Anyone know? I suppose I could call...

I would call a service writer and see what they say about your 2004. You will find out quickly who you're dealing with.
sikwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:33 PM   #29
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 8,098 Times in 5,907 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsolo12 View Post
No. MB will not perform the recall (for free) on a Dodge
MB *will* perform it on a Freightliner.

(unless you've got a *really good* relationship with that particular MB dealer)

Unfortunately you've got to find a got-their-act-together Dodge dealer.

--dick
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))
autostaretx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:54 PM   #30
michaelyares
2005 2500 158" WB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eranrund View Post
Has anyone found a dealership that's able to do this in the bay area?
I know the SLO is highly recommended but 4 hours drive each way is not going to be easy to pull, especially if they'll need to keep the vehicle for more than a few hours...
Thanks!
HILLTOP DODGE in Richmond. They even get you a loaner car so you go to Point Pinole and look a the gunpowder press....

If you have a Riordan resonator eliminator get your smog done elsewhere . Get your smog done elsewhere anyhow as they have to do the "road test cycle" for $100+/- that you'd do driving home for free.
dronsin (08-26-2019), JoeHike (02-25-2019), sikwan (02-22-2019)