Part numbers & service manuals ?

Eric B

Hi all

Where are you getting your part numbers from?
I've searched online and so far all the MB dealer websites I found with Sprinter support, only have part numbers for expendables like oil filters, shocks, etc... They don't have a fully searchable index of all things interior / exterior

I want a full parts catalog for VS30
Especially some of the factory options I would have ordered if I could have placed a custom order, instead of buying one off a dealer lot

My local dealer says if I can submit p/n's they will order whatever I want
But asking the guy behind the counter to search for what I want is proving difficult
So I want to do my own research

Also, does anyone have a source for printed factory service manuals?
There's some people selling downloads on eBay
But given the choice I want an actual book
Local dealer says he can't sell me one

I can deal if it's only available in German - putting that out there as well...

Any advice is appreciated
Thx

-e

NBB

Hi all

Where are you getting your part numbers from?
I've searched online and so far all the MB dealer websites I found with Sprinter support, only have part numbers for expendables like oil filters, shocks, etc... They don't have a fully searchable index of all things interior / exterior

I want a full parts catalog for VS30
Especially some of the factory options I would have ordered if I could have placed a custom order, instead of buying one off a dealer lot

My local dealer says if I can submit p/n's they will order whatever I want
But asking the guy behind the counter to search for what I want is proving difficult
So I want to do my own research

Also, does anyone have a source for printed factory service manuals?
There's some people selling downloads on eBay
But given the choice I want an actual book
Local dealer says he can't sell me one

I can deal if it's only available in German - putting that out there as well...

Any advice is appreciated
Thx

-e
Those downloads on ebay are a mixed bag, but the best source IMO. In general, getting parts for these things can be a pain because of MB's rampant use of alternate, superseded and discontinued part numbers and very few can make sense of it. If you have a somewhat current pirate copy of the EPC combined with a competent parts person, likely at a dealer, you can do okay.

Eric B

Amazing ... paying to search the parts catalog ... that’s a first for me ... thanks for the info guys !

Top Bottom