Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Write-Ups

NCV3 Write-Ups Help other NCV3 owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:29 PM   #21
slamit
www.cacampervan.com

Default Re: Espar D2L with Easy Start Pro Controller Wiring Diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Mont View Post
Looks like you have discovered an even better adaptor than your one in post #4. I hunted down one like in post #4 from your advice. I like the looks of these better. Had to soak the other in hot water to get it go onto the Dorman connector. It worked. Do you know why the wire harnesses are so different? I ordered mine through Heatso.com with a Easy Start Pro controller.
I don't order my stuff from overseas...it can affect warranty on a very expensive system and everything I get from esparparts.com they will support and I can be assured its covered under warranty. They also are an installer and service the heaters as well so they understand importance of having the right parts. The kits I have seen people source over seas or on ebay...are often totally different (few I have installed). For the most part I don't install a system unless I source the parts myself here in USA. I also appreciate the fact I can support a business in USA. They actually found this adapter for me as they listened to my feedback and did some searching and sent samples for me to look at.
slamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:33 PM   #22
slamit
www.cacampervan.com

To be clear this is the controller I sourced, plugs right into the harness to the heater. No connections needed they already exist at the controller end.

Pro Controller.jpg

https://youtu.be/f-LlNAtP-tg
Old 11-08-2019, 11:37 PM   #23
H.Mont

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamit View Post
To be clear this is the controller I sourced, plugs right into the harness to the heater. No connections needed they already exist at the controller end.

Attachment 120924

https://youtu.be/f-LlNAtP-tg
Same controller as what I have. We must have different harnesses. Either way, I was mostly trying to figure out whether the harness was different because of the controller.
H.Mont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:01 PM   #24
Coolmaxt

I just got my espar d2l kit today.one of the hoses that are included in the kit IS an adapter to go from the smaller sized fuel pump to the larger fuel line coming out of the tank. The connecting hose has a small hole on one side and a larger hole on the other. It also fits on a dorman quick connect. No need for any extra adapter.
Coolmaxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:41 PM   #25
slamit
www.cacampervan.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolmaxt View Post
I just got my espar d2l kit today.one of the hoses that are included in the kit IS an adapter to go from the smaller sized fuel pump to the larger fuel line coming out of the tank. The connecting hose has a small hole on one side and a larger hole on the other. It also fits on a dorman quick connect. No need for any extra adapter.
If you order from ESPARPARTS.COM....they include it in their "sprinter" kit...thanks to me. :) I helped them figure this all out. You won't get the adaptor otherwise if your order from ebay, amazon...
Old 12-07-2019, 05:50 PM   #26
nuhu

I ordered the fuel line adapter part 22.1000.20.3000 from EsparParts.com. They were great to deal with. The Dorman 800-188 fits nicely in one end. Then, the hard plastic line from Espar fits into the other end, toward the fuel pump.

My wiring looks a little different than some of the photos and descriptions here. I didn't need to install or move a resistor, unless I did something wrong.

The wiring harness from the Easy Start Pro Controller has two plugs:
  • plug -XS1 with 4 pins to connect to the D2L heater, and
  • plug -XS2 with 3 pins to connect to an optional external temperature sensor (according to the instructions).

The wiring harness from the D2L heater has a few different a plugs or wire leads:
  • red (+12V battery, 12 AWG), brown (ground, 12 AWG), red (+12V battery, ~18 AWG) that I connected to Blue Seas fuse box (mine is mounted under driver seat).
  • plug -XB6/1 was already pre-connected to a terminator plug -XS6/1 with a resistor. I think that -XB6/1 is for connecting a diagnostic tool. The terminator plug is connected for normal operation. This plug was wrapped close to the battery and ground wires. I started to unwrap, but found them spliced fairly near the end of the battery and ground wires. I decided to leave it that way, and just zip-tied the -XB6/1 plug under the driver seat near the Blue Seas fuse box. See attached photo.
  • plug -XB2 with 2 pins to connect to the fuel pump. Brown and Gray wires with pre-crimped terminal plugs are inserted into -XB2.
  • plug -XB6/4 with 4 pins to connect to -XS1 from the Easy Start Pro Controller
  • I think 4 extra wires that I found unused that were wrapped with the wires for the -XB6/4. I plan to put some shrink wrap over the bare ends. The wiring diagram marked these with an "x" to indicate they may not be necessary. I think they may be for connecting to a different type of controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3148.jpg (143.1 KB, 11 views)
nuhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #27
nuhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamit View Post
This controller has a built in high altitude switch and much less wiring compared to the older controller. You do however have to tell it to "switch" to high altitude when started.
I didn't notice anything in the Easy Start Pro Controller to enable "high altitude mode". Nothing is mentioned in the installation instructions (reference 22.1000.35.2203.0A EN | 04.2019) Was this in the initial setup sequence? Or, do you mean you need to switch to high altitude each time the heater is turned on?

One setting that I did not understand in the initial setup is the "Temperature Offset". The instructions describe the setting as:
Quote:
If the temperature display sensor of the control unit or heater (with air heaters) is defined as display sensor, the temperature offset of the display sensor can be defined in the next step.
I haven't been able to figure out the purpose of this temperature offset setting or what exactly it does.
nuhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:47 PM   #28
Midwestdrifter

Thanked 7,050 Times in 4,445 Posts

The new S2 heaters have the altitude sensor built into the heaters ECU. No user intervention necessary.