NCV3 Check Engine Light Code P068A

[COLOR="Black"[/B][/COLOR]Have a low mileage (25000) 2013 2500 and Check Engine Light came on. Diagnostic code "P068A - ECM/PCM Power Relay De-Energized Performance -Too Early." We are 120 miles from dealer who is non-committal about whether or not it is safe to drive. Other than the Check engine light there are no obvious problems in driving it. Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Last edited:

98Firebird

[COLOR="Black"[/B][/COLOR]Have a low mileage (25000) 2013 2500 and Check Engine Light came on. Diagnostic code "P068A - ECM/PCM Power Relay De-Energized Performance -Too Early." We are 120 miles from dealer who is non-committal about whether or not it is safe to drive. Other than the Check engine light there are no obvious problems in driving it. Does anyone have experience with this issue?
Has the battery been ran low/dead recently? This is one of the faults that typically shows up when the main vehicle battery has been ran low/dead.

D

Deleted member 50714

No experience with your particular issue. However, many things can trigger a CEL, like a sensor briefly out of its HAPPY ZONE.

Absence of discernible performance issues, I would continue to operate the vehicle continuously on the highway for a couple of hours. This will allow On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) to poll and crunch sensor data. If everything is OK, the CEL should self-extinguish. If it's really important, the vehicle will default to Limp Home Mode.

Meanwhile, based on vehicles age, have your battery load tested. Technically, once a battery falls below 50% state of charge, it's toast. When's the last time you cleaned your battery posts and cable terminals?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 50714

Why do you ask?
My apologies folks, TGT is a patient of mine and he keeps slipping away from his padded cell, goes to the library computer to troll on the Sprinter forum. I'll order a thorazine IV drip.

My apologies folks, TGT is a patient of mine and he keeps slipping away from his padded cell, goes to the library computer to troll on the Sprinter forum. I'll order a thorazine IV drip.
You drinking again, Bob? :cheers:

I'm trying to help the guy. The question he asked, is a survey of how many people have ever had symptoms like his, which is meaningless- there are any number of possible causes for his symptoms.

I suspect that what he's REALLY looking for, is information that would be helpful Correcting the Cause of his Concern. And that would involve an entirely different question.

As always, there are four steps to vehicle repair: Complaint, Cause, Correction, and Confirmation. He's done an okay job of articulating his Complaint: a code with no other symptoms. The next step would be to determine the Cause, which will require diagnosis, not internet polling.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 50714

You drinking again, Bob? :cheers:

I'm trying to help the guy. The question he asked, is a survey of how many people have ever had symptoms like his, which is meaningless- there are any number of possible causes for his symptoms.

I suspect that what he's REALLY looking for, is information that would be helpful Correcting the Cause of his Concern. And that would involve an entirely different question.

As always, there are four steps to vehicle repair: Complaint, Cause, Correction, and Confirmation. He's done an okay job of articulating his Complaint: a code with no other symptoms. The next step would be to determine the Cause, which will require diagnosis, not internet polling.
Absence any performance issues, it may be a phantom code.

Thanks for everyone's input. We were able to drive it to the dealer in Tallahasse without a problem. All the error codes were related to upstream and downstream NOX sensors. What is unbelievable is that they are charging $1500 to replace the two sensors!

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
See if the techs will tell you which version of the NOx sensors you had in there. Bet they were version 2. Too bad it's not covered under warranty... or is it? (Emission components?)

lindenengineering

Thanks for everyone's input. We were able to drive it to the dealer in Tallahasse without a problem. All the error codes were related to upstream and downstream NOX sensors. What is unbelievable is that they are charging $1500 to replace the two sensors!
Are you sure that is all the did, but in any case job billing breakdown goes :-
NOx sensors are $450 a pop retail. $900
IF they spin out easily the labor time is 1,5 hours (dealer charge guestimate ) $263

Scan diagnosis prior to approval of the work Say $175(might waive that)
SCN code in $175 & test.
Total $1513 plus tax

Dennis

lindenengineering

See if the techs will tell you which version of the NOx sensors you had in there. Bet they were version 2. Too bad it's not covered under warranty... or is it? (Emission components?)
Well is you can bring yourself to slither under the rig and observe the new NOx sensors they will have NGK stamped on the sensor body. (Bosch or Maybe MB has gone on a wooing go!)
Dennis

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
Whoa! No more "Made in Germany"?? Will say that NGK does have a fine rep.... (Old Karl must be rolling in his grave!)

lindenengineering

Yes same goes for my preference in spark plugs .
Denso for everything including Toyota MB, BMW, & JLR .
If I could get them I would use them in a Nissan Leaf!:lol:
Dennis

Top Bottom