Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity

Old 07-10-2019, 02:07 PM   #11
Geriakt
2017 View 24J

Default Re: 2019 chassis cruise control issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach06 View Post
We picked up our 19/19 U24MB on June 21 in Sacramento. Drove home to the CA Central Coast along high 5 and found the cruise control (Distronic Plus with Steering Assist) did not function consistently... The system would not always 'turn on' and when it did the system would arbitrarily stop functioning with a warning in the center screen stating 'Active Distance Assist Canceled'.
Took the Unity to the local Mercedes shop and they used an afternoon attempting to diagnose the issue with no success. Service manager took me aside and mentioned this was the first 2019 Sprinter chassis they had seen with all the goodies-- their typical Sprinter is a 2500 bare bones work horse.
Anyone else had cruise control issues on the 2019 Sprinter chassis and if yes, what was the remedy? Local Mercedes shop is sending the information collected to MB for assistance. BTW - there were no codes present.
thanks - BruceC
So does this mean the MB mechnics are not smart enough to to diagnose and fix it? These are the same mechnics that work on $120,000 AMG sedans that do have all the bells and whistles? What a poor excuse.
If I were you I would camp out at MB until fixed and get your fill of coffee, candy bars and free lunch you can to offset the BS.
Geriakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:35 PM   #12
Coach06
19/19 Unity MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geriakt View Post
So does this mean the MB mechnics are not smart enough to to diagnose and fix it? These are the same mechnics that work on $120,000 AMG sedans that do have all the bells and whistles? What a poor excuse.
If I were you I would camp out at MB until fixed and get your fill of coffee, candy bars and free lunch you can to offset the BS.
Actually they have ONE Sprinter tech and it sounds like he is part time (whatever that means). Looks like I will be going elsewhere for a correction and hopefully only need a software update.

BC
Coach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:29 PM   #13
TwoClinks
2016 Unity TB

That's exactly what it means. He's action to move on is a smart one while it can still be driven. Welcome to the 2019 Sprinter "blackhole". It should get better in the next year or before the next generation Sprinters roll out of R&D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geriakt View Post
Old 07-12-2019, 08:20 PM   #14
Coach06
19/19 Unity MB

While driving through Las Vegas... we decided to take our Unity to Henderson Mercedes. Henderson was recommended by Nancy at Van City and hopefully they have more experience with this new chassis than our hometown Mercedes dealer. Delivered to Henderson Mercedes late yesterday afternoon, now waiting at a comfortable, cool, hotel. Temps were in the 112 range yesterday... will spend another night here if they make any progress.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:08 AM   #15
contex

Just curious. Has anyone any experience with solving Sprinter issues at Bay Area Mercedes dealers such as the one in San Jose or Belmont please?
contex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:28 AM   #16
Coach06
19/19 Unity MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach06 View Post
While driving through Las Vegas... we decided to take our Unity to Henderson Mercedes. Henderson was recommended by Nancy at Van City and hopefully they have more experience with this new chassis than our hometown Mercedes dealer. Delivered to Henderson Mercedes late yesterday afternoon, now waiting at a comfortable, cool, hotel. Temps were in the 112 range yesterday... will spend another night here if they make any progress.
SUCCESS !!!
Henderson Mercedes service was capable of tracking down the problem after 8 hours of diagnostics. The Distronics sensor(s) were completely out of adjustment. Recalibrated the sensors and we picked the UMB up Saturday morning. Now in Green River and after two days of driving systems worked perfect.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coach06 For This Useful Post:
stormpeakco (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 12:33 AM   #17
Geriakt
2017 View 24J

MB should buy you dinner for your time. How do the put out a broken product?
Geriakt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Geriakt For This Useful Post:
Coach06 (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 05:06 PM   #18
Widman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf_moraga View Post
This sounds similar to an issue I had when I picked up my 2019/2019 CB from Sacramento the other month, almost certainly before you. I had a message saying "Active Brake Assist disabled" or something like that.

I took it to MB of Fairfield and they updated the software. All fine now and 2,500 miles in.

Chris
Did you have an issue with the cruise control canceling? I am with mine and have set up an appt.
at Fairfield MB, hopefully they are aware of the issue.
Widman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:33 AM   #19
Coach06
19/19 Unity MB

[/SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widman View Post
Did you have an issue with the cruise control canceling? I am with mine and have set up an appt.
at Fairfield MB, hopefully they are aware of the issue.

Did Fairfield Mercedes solve the problem? Do you know what/how they solved the cruise canceling issue? Ours was 'fixed' at the Mercedes dealer in Henderson but now it is 'broken' again. Currently sitting at the Mercedes dealer in Fresno.. they spent four days attempting to figure it out and finally said they were stumped. Offered me a loaner and asked to keep the Unity at least a week while they wait for an answer from the Mother Ship in Germany.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coach06 For This Useful Post:
Motordr (08-11-2019)
Old 08-11-2019, 07:03 AM   #20
Widman

Fairfield did not fix the cruise or could they fix the seat adjust. They did not have a clue, then called me 3 days later to say they could fix the seat adjust for $85! I have an appt at Santa Rosa MB, who are aware of both issues and could adjust.
Widman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Widman For This Useful Post:
Coach06 (08-12-2019)