Need Sprinter Mechanic in Brooklyn

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and appreciate all the knowledge found here about Sprinters. Mine is a 2002 Freightliner, 158 wheelbase passenger (turned into a cargo) high roof.

I am at a loss at who to take this van to in New York City. So far since I bought the van I have had to put a new cylinder head, glow plug relay and glow plug, alternator and a battery. I am a musician who moonlights as a mover with my Sprinter. I will confess to not knowing much about mechanics and am paying big $ for repairs as simple as a fuel pump ($1578) from Freightliner. At this rate I'm gonna have to go back to my E-350.

Today, the van again wouldn't turn over as i had a big job to do. When I turn the key after glo plug light goes out I just hear a "click" then nothing..?

If anyone can recommend a knowledgeable , trustwothy Sprinter mechanic I would be very very grateful.
Big Thanks!
Green Capsule

NYC SPRINTERS

Blastauto 2764 stillwell ave Brooklyn NY exit 6 off belt pkwy!!!

or Check Engine shop 2731 Stillwell Ave Brooklyn NY
The blastauto is more mechanical shop they can doo all the work and they know sprinters this is where i fix mine all the time!!! the owner name is Andre..............or 100 feet up the block is Check engine place this guy has computers that can test or check anything and has DEALER program from Mercedes Benz for sprinters call DAS!!!

Attachments

Big Thanks for the heads up. It's good to know of the Check Engine place so I can avoid the dealerships. Recently paid $1576 for a fuel pump installed. I did call Andre but my starting issue vanished and car starts fine now. Don't know if it is an ignition / mechanical problem or starter going..

Much appreciated!
Chris

hi NYC Sprinter Van-
Which place do you recommend to change brake pads- Blast Auto or Check Engine? Can I say you sent me?..
Best-
Green Capsule (Chris)

long1pham

Big Thanks for the heads up. It's good to know of the Check Engine place so I can avoid the dealerships. Recently paid $1576 for a fuel pump installed. I did call Andre but my starting issue vanished and car starts fine now. Don't know if it is an ignition / mechanical problem or starter going..

Much appreciated!
Chris
Chris, how did you make out with all the maintenance works on your 02 Sprinter since 2010? Do you still have the van? I am a new owner of a 2002 pass Sprinter with 158" high roof and I want like to learn from your experiences and any information that you share would be truly appreciate. Long/949-500-9887

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
Long, the last time Greencapsule visited the forum was back in September. I doubt he will see your message. If you head on over to the T1N section of the forum, you will find almost limitless info on your van.

Sorry Long for not getting on here in awhile. Have some long tails to tell about my Sprinter and through trial and error have found a pretty good mechanic in L.I.C. who gets the van in and out of the shop fairly quickly.. One of the problems with the 158 hi roof is that lots of mechanics don't even want to be bothered with it in NYC because of the sheer size of the vehicle..The gloplugs are not working now so I need to get that fixed. Van currently wont start .. hence, the reason why I'm visiting the forum again.. Found this guy on Facebook who comes to where you are:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/COMPLETE-BENZ-REPAIRS/574047759273912
Let me know if you need anything else..

Hey Long- Did you ever find a good mechanic for your Sprinter? I presently use Tolimas Auto in Long Island City.. They usually get it in there and out pretty quick.. They can run certain diagnostics, etc as well but not all of them.. Also if you need extra keys they can get those for you for half the price as the dealer.. I just called Andre at Blast Auto.. I think I will use him for more serious involved work like replacing glo plugs , etc...
The number to Tolimas is 718.361.1950
Tell them Christian with the Blue Sprinter sent you.. (or Chris)..Talk to Victor or the owner Oswaldo..
Good luck!
C

dwighttttt

@greencapsule:

It's been several years since you posted but do you still have the Sprinter? Have you found a good mechanic? I just picked up 2006 Dodge Sprinter and would like to have a reliable mechanic in Brooklyn.

Thanks!

Yes, Blast Auto is great. Also there is a mechanic in Long Island City tha tdoes well with Sprinters and can get the keys made extra cheap. They are called Tolimas aouto. Tell them Christian Gibbs sent you .. Tal to Oswaldo or Victor. Blast Auto definitely know there stuff as well but won't touch major engine work..I presently need to swap my motor as it blew up in upstate my where the van now sits....
thx
C

Eddie.

Hey guys, this is great, I'm in Brooklyn and am about to pick up a T1N, '06.

Which of the above would you recommend to do a quick look see before the purchase?

I'm guessing the guy on McDonald has a shop and lift large enough to put one on with a high roof?

Top Bottom