400ah lithium batteries good deal

Onefin

I purchased 4 of these last month.
I was made aware of the test and the falsified capacity of the batteries.
Lion has since changed their specs online for the batteries
I’m waiting for a response from them with options to rectify the situation
Don’t know what would make me satisfied beyond full return, UPS calltag and credit or they can just send me some additional wh in the form of additional batteries.
I’d prefer the additional WH.

I’m probably not as bent out of shape as someone that paid $800 each would be.....still not pleased with the misrepresentation.

Certainly doesn’t bode well for the warranty as it appears Lion has created a pretty serious barrier to their entry to the lithium drop-in battery market

I do regret posting this “deal” places.....I guess I should get in the habit of dismantling and testing everything I purchase to make sure it meets the description?

Onefin

Sorry for the delay in follow-up on this....I posted before I heard from Lion and then I just forgot to follow up.

I spoke with Lion on the day I posted, a couple hours after I made this post.

Anyway, Lion was super response to me via email and phone call...on a day thta I know they were extremely busy.
I was annoyed and they were cool and professional on the phone......that’s not easy to do in customer service.
I had a response that same day, and they said they were working on an option for customers and also lining up a new text in a controlled environment with professional testing equipment.
I said to just let me know what options they come up with in the next couple days, and I’d let them know what’d work for me.

Anyways, they offered a credit for each Battery purchased and I chose to utilize that toward an additional battery.
So that’s the result I had hoped for (more AH) and quite honestly I’m pretty stoked on the whole deal...
I mean, I would have bought 4 of them if they were labeled 90ah at the price I paid....so this is really all a bonus.

The main takeaway I have from this is that they responded to a review that was potentially Detrimental to them in a prompt and fair manner. They didn’t argue against the method the YouTube guy tested it, not say anything bad about him. I credit Lion for taking care of my concern in just a couple emails they didn’t drag it out.

Funny thing is, after watching the video and reading comments on the video....my main takeaway form the video is that the battery performs exceptionally well and appears well built the labeling issue being the only negative and that’s still dependent on an additional test, etc IMHO.

Anyway.....I’m happy with the Service I received from the vendor I bought from (PIka Van Outfitters) and also Lion.
I have zero complaints and I’m pretty certain that they would handle a warranty issue just as fairly as this was handled for me.

The positive interactions with Pika and Lion over the past couple days far outweighs my initial concerns related to the video.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Thanks for the follow up. While its good they tried to rectify the situation, the fact they appear to have misrepresented (lied) about the SINGLE MOST BASIC ATRRIBUTE, capacity, says something about their leadership.

That could be that they are speccing, buying the packs from a 3rd party, and just trusted them too much.

Or it could be they were trying to make a buck at the users expense. Which is really dumb, considering how easy it is to measure capacity. Especially because lithium packs have minimal capacity reduction at high loads.

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
The true battery capacity was suspect from the start due to the light weight. The latest “negative” video review is also based on an $800 selling price. For $600 even this “80 ah” battery is a good value relative to the competition. It just is not as good a value if it had been a true 100 ah battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HarryN

The same thing happens with inverters all of the time. Only a handful are within 25% of their rated specs or label indications.

They gave me the PWM controller, 1 100 watt panel & 20' extension for the rebate/credit, $100/battery value on 4 90 Ah batteries.
I paid a very fair price for 2 more panels.

BTW so now that I have these I realize I need a controller of some kind to keep the batteries from burning out the 200 amp engine alternator.
What is a good one? The engineer was out at Lion-Energy.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom