Tires

Flyngsteen

Hi, I drive a 2016 sprinter 4x4 and had some BFG ATs fitted about 20000km ago and just had a wheel alignment and was told that my tires probably aren't load rated for the van, the tires I have are LT225/75r16 115/112S Load range E - are these suitable or am I looking poking for a new set of tires? Any help would be great

316cdi

there should be a tyre sticker with the details you need usually when you open the door its stuck on the body.

kayakkingoz

I was told the same by a tyre dealer in Newcastle about BFG when I was looking to buy tyres. Very few 4 x4 tyres out there that pass the load & speed ratings for a sprinter. I ended up putting Mickey Thompson Baja STZ on & couldnt be happier. Dont put ATZ on as they are very loud

Flyngsteen

Yeah been chatting with BF Goodrich today and no the tyres don't meant requirements. Wasn't told this when I brought them, so not really happy at this stage, will look at the Micky Thomson's, I had them before on another car.

Flyngsteen

Cool, was thinking of going for a 245/75R16.
Just slightly larger. Pretty annoyed to have to go down this path.
But want it to be safe abd legal

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
They just have to be the same or higher load rating than the lowest tyre on your placard. In my case my t1n 316 has to have 110 as a minimum. This is pretty easy on 225/75r16 because almost all of the suitable tyres are rated higher than this. Certain SUV tyres can be lower rated in this size.

nada

Turns out the 245 wont fit. Stoked
Was thinking about 245/75 R16 and a front mudflap trim on my T1N 4X4 as Midwestdrifter was running that size okay on his sprinter,but I think he might have a 2" lift.
Is your sprinter 2wd or 4wd and what model ?
thanks

Last edited:

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
T1Ns with the ROW front suspension (25mm lower than north american vans) may need to trim/bend the body seam slightly to fit 245s. My van is lifted 50mm+25mm factory from the Aus 15" wheel T1Ns. Regardless the 245 will fit with some light trimming. Though there is a large range of 245s, some larger than others? It should be pretty easy to put some foam/rubber on your current tires to simulate the extra size. Or even just get a junk/used 245 mounted on a wheel for a quick test.

Last edited:

Top Bottom