Sprinter service suggestion for Silver Spring, Md

jamie

Hello, I recently moved to the Silver Spring, Md area & would like suggestions for service in the area. I have 2003 Freightliner 2500.

Thanks
Jamie

Don't go to MB of Silver Spring on Briggs Chaney Rd. They had mine for 5 weeks before they fixed a basic air leak in fuel hose problem. They fixed a problem and created a new one. They told me that the '02 is "...old school technology, so their mechanics had to spend more time on it." I took the new problem to Sun Motors. I have learned the hard way and find that it is worth going to Sun Motors in Harrisburg PA. They will pick up your vehicle and bring it back. Search Sprinter Forum, Dealer and Supplier list, regional, Maryland. Euro motor cars in Rockville did some body work for me which was good but they forgot to re-connect a ground wire and wouldn't take any more time to fix the brake lights affected. I had to find the problem and fix. Plan ahead and go to Sun Motors, imo.

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
Jamie - as I told you in response to your PM, I use the Freightliner Sprinter shop in Annapolis. Personally I doubt any of the Mercedes shops in Wash D.C. - Baltimore are Sprinter experts. I had similar bad experience noted by seabiscuit at the Mercedes dealer in Baltimore area. It was Mercedes-Benz of Catonsville. They messed up a simple fuel filter change that resulted in multiple fuel leaks and ended in having my van flatbedded back to dealer.

I was going to Sun Motors in Pennsylvania as they are the best Sprinter shop in Mid-Atlantic area. But I found the Freightliner Sprinter shop in Annapolis to be just as good and they charge the same rate, less than the local Mercedes shops. The Annapolis shop is a working truck/bus dealer - no fancy waiting room.

Hopefully the Mercedes dealers are getting better at Sprinter service and repair. You could try them since my experiences were several years ago.

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Don't go to MB of Silver Spring on Briggs Chaney Rd. They had mine for 5 weeks before they fixed a basic air leak in fuel hose problem. They fixed a problem and created a new one. They told me that the '02 is "...old school technology, so their mechanics had to spend more time on it." I took the new problem to Sun Motors. I have learned the hard way and find that it is worth going to Sun Motors in Harrisburg PA. They will pick up your vehicle and bring it back. Search Sprinter Forum, Dealer and Supplier list, regional, Maryland. Euro motor cars in Rockville did some body work for me which was good but they forgot to re-connect a ground wire and wouldn't take any more time to fix the brake lights affected. I had to find the problem and fix. Plan ahead and go to Sun Motors, imo.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::cheers::cheers:

cheers...

Top Bottom