The Case For the rear Window...

Custommm

I was very tempted to Update my 2014 MB to a 2015.5 Manual Murphy Bed but after long discussion with BH, We both agree that the fact that they kill the Rear Windows it's a non starter for us....Those B+ are small and the least they can provide is some mean to see outdoor.( even if as an option) 0.02

rdvan@sbcglobal.net

2017 Unity MB
I'm with you Custommm. I can't imagine why they took the rear window out other than to save a few bucks. I'm not buying that "couldn't make it work for safety reason" excuse. The little coach needs all the help it can get in letting light in, etc. I would have liked it much more had they taken the window behind the murphy bed out since in my case it stays covered 99% of the time. To me, they did a couple of things right and a few things wrong in the 2015.5, but there is no perfect coach. I don't care for the new rear cap and the simplistic paint. I'm one of those guys that loves the "swirly" paint jobs, The more "swirly" it is the better. I came out of an Allegro Bus and also had a Country Coach and they are the tops in "swirly" paint jobs. Changing, and thus lessening the over the cab storage bins is a loss of valuable storage space. The things they did right, again in my opinion, are nice. Having a separate DVD/radio for the galley, although they put it in the wrong place, is very nice. The Alcoa wheels (which I put on my rig) are a touch of class. Getting rid of the cheesy cheap bay door system is a big improvement. The new frig with a separate freezer should be an improvement. The nicer Fantastic Fan in the bath is a plus. But, the HUGE, HUGE improvement is offering a manual murphy bed. I've had a lot of coaches in my life and I can assure you that simpler is better. MUCH better. When things fail, like the macerating toilet (and macerating dump system) and eventually the electric murphy bed, Houston we have a problem! I'm one of those guys who uses their coach, spending an average of 120 days a year in it, so I have seen about everything. I love it when someone tells me that they haven't had any problems with their rig and then I ask them how much they use it and they say " 2-3 three weeks every year and put 900 miles on it" . Duh, no wonder. LTV does the best job in little coaches, but they are not perfect in design, functionality or their service. Again, we are all different, so everyone has their on agenda, opinion, and lifestyle. Is this a great country or what?
R. D. Vanderslice
2014 Unity Murphy Bed model on 2014 chassis

Custommm

Wouldn't be nice the LTV website have a "feedback" section... Just to let them know....
ill drop a line to Ryan...

Normand

I also have a Unity MB on order. I do share the same need. Would be nice to have a window in the back as previously. Usefull driving on the road but probably more in campsites.:clapping:

They have also eliminated the two forward windows behind each of the dinette seats in the IB and TB models as well and again said it was because of the new End Cap and the loss of side wall room

Dave
Cocoa Beach, Fl
2013 CB

Dacar

2015.5 Unity TB
the new contoured shape of the front corner behind each door appears smaller than previous models not allowing enough room for windows. i am hoping the roof vent that now opens will provide enough ventilation (particularly if the side door is closed)

J&B

2015.5 UnityMB U-Lounge
Dacar - Don't know about the other models, but our 2015.5 Unity Murphy Bed has 2 Fantastic fans (thermostatically controlled). We have the same fans in our Airstream 28' CCD International trailer located in the front of the galley and back bedroom, and they both work great. The UnityMB has fewer windows than the Airstream trailer, but I'm confident the two Fantastic fans in the UnityMB will move a lot of air. The fans are multiple speed and I can't say enough good things about the fans. We are fresh air people and sleep with windows open in our AS trailer. Plan to do the same in the UnityMB. With the MB down, if necessary, we can open three windows in the galley (kitchen, and both front side windows) in addition to the new skylight that now opens. I guarantee you will get lots of air movement with the fans drawing air through the windows and skylight opening. In the summer, we keep our Airstream door open with the screen latched until we go to bed. J&B

Top Bottom