American Freightliner, Annapolis, MD (Freightliner)

Rating

• Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Average

• Fair

• Total voters
These guy get great reviews from other Sprinter owners in the area. We haven't used them except for parts and advice. Have been very friendly and professional. They gave us a leak line Tee fitting so we did to have to order the whole harness.

They're popular- appointments were booked in advance by 3 weeks when we called.

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
Had my 70,000 mile service by these folks. Very efficient job and better price than other Mercedes Dealers in area. This is a Sprinter and Bus dealer so don't expect a fancy waiting room. Their WiFi was great and that's all I need to wait for my service. This is a truck dealership, not a car in sight.

MikMal

Took my '08 in for some repairs, to include a transmission service done. They said that the mechanic said he can tell by the feel of it during a test drive that the transmission is getting ready to give up the ghost. It's not throwing any codes but it can last a week or a few years. They recommended a new tranny at the tune of $6,600 or so. Hmmm. Since this is a "new-to-me" van I asked them to do a routine transmission service to include draining the torque converter. They declined!
Reading through various posts on this website, there are many cases where people experienced the same issue I'm having; a subtle, occasional, short-lasting (1 second or so) vibration with a slight increase in RPM when it occurs. I've seen where the cases have been anything from a dirty ERG valve to dented drive shaft to carrier bearing to bad contacts in the transmission. I'm amazed that with these vans being computerized out the wazoo that a mechanic make a diagnosis by feel only.
I don't think I'll be back there.

MikMal

Update to my post above made on 05-17-18:
At the same time that they checked out the transmission, I had two new O.E.M rear leaf springs installed by them. Since then, I have a vibration that starts at about 40 MPH. I rotated my tires myself and while the rear tire was off I noticed that the axle is sitting back further being it was no longer underneath the rubber bumpers. I then checked my wheel base and noticed it's 171"! Since the tire rotation made no difference in the vibration, I called them and scheduled another appointment for them to check things over.
When I showed up for the appointment I explained my suspicion that the leafs were installed backwards, including showing them a picture of the axle's location in regards to the rubber bumper and mentioning the mysterious length increase . After a couple of hours, they reported back that the van does indeed have a vibration but they checked the torques and everything was tight and their conclusion was "tires". They had no explanation on why the w.b. was now 171", but did explain that it was "impossible" to install the leafs on backwards because the ends of the springs were different widths.
When I got home, I crawled underneath with my micrometer and measured the widths of the ends of the springs: approx. 2 23/32" EACH. No one end was wider than the other. I then measured from the center of the front mounting bolt to the axle: 27"; rear bolt to axle: 26 1/4". Looks like they did the impossible.
So now the van is headed up to Mechanicsburg, Pa., where a mechanic said that, "It's absolutely possible to install them oriented 180 deg. wrong". I'm keeping my fingers crossed that American Bus and Sprinter is open to reimbursing me for the cost of having someone else repair their screw up.

We had a driveshaft replaced here. They will only install OEM parts. I did not know that so spent more for the inferior Mercedes part. Focus is definitely on school buses.

Top Bottom