Need a Degreaser that Actually works

PubRider

Recently changed my Turbo Resonator, I imagine it probably leaked for years prior to me changing it.
I'm an Old Air Cooled VW guy and I've never seen stuff like this.

I've tried 3 different types of degreasers with only marginal results.
There is this weird baked on snott/jelly like coating that they're not even phasing.

The rear axle is got some of this going on as well...

*Any recommendations would be appreciated...

Eric Experience

Pubrider.
Best to leave the mess there. It is very dangerous to use powerful solvents on a modern electronic motor. The alternator is just under the turbo and it contains an electronic regulator which is sealed with a wax to make it water proof, powerful solvents will rip into the wax. Just close the bonnet. Eric.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Recently changed my Turbo Resonator, I imagine it probably leaked for years prior to me changing it.
I'm an Old Air Cooled VW guy and I've never seen stuff like this.

I've tried 3 different types of degreasers with only marginal results.
There is this weird baked on snott/jelly like coating that they're not even phasing.

The rear axle is got some of this going on as well...

*Any recommendations would be appreciated...
Just replace it they don't cost that much,if it's leaking there may have hairline crack as this was normal on OEM resonators. I belive the Q5 was the upgraded resontor.
Richard

skydiver007

DRB III Owner If You Need
Are we on the juice again. He has already replaced the resonator, just looking for a proper de-greaser to clean up the offending mess left behind by a leaky resonator. :bash:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
brush KERO let it soak for ten minutes then spray degreaser on and wash off, then dry off with air compressor, or a can of compressed air at 75pi.

PubRider

Yup the resonator is all done and working great.

The bolts for the resonator prior to me cleaning were barely visible.

I'm just looking to spot clean a few areas of extreme build up is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom