Waterworld Sprinter Pics

Waterworld

Irrigator
Thanks for looking at my 07 Sprinter. I will update with more picks of my TRS interior shelves that you can fold up when needed.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I'm interested as the other spots, above the obvious rust spots.
Question are they dimples in the paint, such as the paint having a crater like appearance, graduating back into the primer.
This appears to be paint separation from pre-surfacing contamination spotting.
That is a silica contaminant on the primer, which has caused the paint to separate from the factory primer base. which is a warranty compliant to have addressed.

Or is it surface impacting from the owner !... paint chipped??????
rusti.jpg
Richard

cedarsanctum

re: Member
Here's a guess, certainly not an expert opinion.
That line of rust looks like it is right along the weather strip seal for the door, at the bottom of the door opening where stuff would fall. Is it possible that some particles of metal or something got trapped between the w/s seal and the door and rusted? Do the spots clean off with some rubbing?
Metal or rock chips could also have scratched the paint there causing rust to come through.
Just a thought.:idunno:
Jef

Waterworld

Irrigator
Here's a guess, certainly not an expert opinion.
That line of rust looks like it is right along the weather strip seal for the door, at the bottom of the door opening where stuff would fall. Is it possible that some particles of metal or something got trapped between the w/s seal and the door and rusted? Do the spots clean off with some rubbing?
Metal or rock chips could also have scratched the paint there causing rust to come through.
Just a thought.:idunno:
Jef
It is right along the weather stripping and I pulled metal particals off the stripping. I had a pic of the other door but it was blurry. The van was purchased new this past April and just turned 15k. The spots do not clean off with hand rubbing.

I had Sirius installed and wiring for the hitch. And both companies were convinced that it was not a dodge and that it was a MB, the hitch guy told me they do sprinters (Dodge) all the time and this definitely was not a Dodge. I had tried to show him the Dodge emblem on the steering wheel (have the part but just have not had the time to replace yet) but the old timer was convinced and did not believe me. The kicker was I wanted to charge me more after the work was done "since" a Dodge Sprinter was nothing like my MB Sprinter and the MB Sprinter wiring was much more complicated. That was a head scratcher for me maybe he just had the T1N and the NCV3 mixed up.

I do notice the spot what looked touched up. There is also another one on the outside of the van. Had to been prior to the purchase.

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I looked at my Sprinter.

None of the my doors have a similar expression of rust.

I would try for a warranty resolution, as Richard suggests, but I also would prepare to fix it myself.

However, I'm planning to own my Sprinter for a lot longer than three to five year average.

I'd want to arrest the rust myself, sooner than later, esp if the dealership or the manufacturer started pointing fingers at me or at one another.

-Jon

BBlessing

61k happy miles
i would blame the sirius installer for being sloppy with drilling steel and not cleaning up the shavings. my2c

bb

Waterworld

Irrigator
i would blame the sirius installer for being sloppy with drilling steel and not cleaning up the shavings. my2c

bb
:cheers: that would be funny. Hey, Sirius man while you were installing the radio in the front of the van, you left metal shavings by the rear doors.

Top Bottom