Emissions Testing - Out of State Purchase

mtncrawler

Recently purchased a 2011 2500 144 Sprinter from an out of state dealer (WI) and I am in CO. I know that I'll most likely have to have emissions test done before I register it here, but should the dealer (I totally spaced this question during purchase) have provided a current emissions certificate as part of purchase (new owner transfer)?

lindenengineering

The emission test issue by a state other than Colorado has no validity.
So it's a mute pint!
I suggest you call Dave at Dynoman diesel who is on Havana St in Henderson.
He is who I use for customer E tests.

Remember being an out of state vehicle it will also need a vin verification certificate which he can also do for you.
Remember also No CEL On and don't try to fudge it, cos it will come on on the rolling road test.
If the rig has been re-badged be sure to mention that!
The test details MUST comply with the details on the title description.
All the best
Dennis

mtncrawler

The emission test issue by a state other than Colorado has no validity.
So it's a mute pint!
I suggest you call Dave at Dynoman diesel who is on Havana St in Henderson.
He is who I use for customer E tests.

Remember being an out of state vehicle it will also need a vin verification certificate which he can also do for you.
Remember also No CEL On and don't try to fudge it, cos it will come on on the rolling road test.
If the rig has been re-badged be sure to mention that!
The test details MUST comply with the details on the title description.
All the best
Dennis
Thanks Dennis. Coincidentally, I had just sent you a note through your website about coming your way for a test and then checked back in the forum to see your post :laughing: - but I'll look up Dave at Dynoman. No CEL in my first 1500 miles anyway (106.5K miles now). No re-badging.

Top Bottom