20 gb free storage in the cloud

Sjoberg

Sweden
I am not sure if this is alloved but i think the offer is good and use that as an excuse,,,,

I got 20 Gb storage on internet for free today with Copy.
If someone else is interested you can use my link to get 15 gb for free + 5gb extra for using my link and i get 5 gb extra to. :)

I know some people dont like the idea of store things in the cloud and i totally respect that but i dont put top secrets there, mostly pictures.

The link: https://copy.com?r=jGlI2y

Best regards jocke

Amboman

A USB stick is $8 for the same thing and sitting in the safe drawer with no hackers looking for information.

I recently cancelled all my Yahoo accounts as most of them had been hacked on the Yahoo side
of the fence, my password being completely irrelevant to the blocking of their criminal motivational causes.

Sjoberg

Sweden
Yes Amboman, a usb stick will do almost the same thing. If the purpose is to use it for storage with only one computor i think the stick is the best option.
But i like online storage so i can reach my stuff from both my homecomputor and the computor i have at work. When the time comes for me to get a modern phone i think it will be perfect for me.

But again, i have full respect for those who dont like the idea of have there stuff online and i still think that cash is better then a plastic card, and that i will belive until the day i get robbed!

best regards jocke

flman

I use drop box, I use it mostly for business and some other non sensitive files, no I would not put something too private on the cloud. I had my Yahoo acct hacked as well, I am glad I only use it to sign up with online accts that would fill my regular email with spam.

johnshmit

I like the cloud concept. Unfortunatelly it doesn't work the way it should. After using Google Drive for a while I found that ads banners i see are related to the content of my cloud stored (unsensitive) documents :shifty:

So i've build a server from one of my very old laptops, put it into my TV stand and now have very private 3TB cloud. Free services are not free. You just cannot negotiate a price.

Thanks for the offer. I would use it, but I hate computers.

Last edited:

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
Goflex Home. A cloud of your own. I can get my files anywhere and they are my files. For security, I just turn it off.

I use drop box, I use it mostly for business and some other non sensitive files, no I would not put something too private on the cloud. I had my Yahoo acct hacked as well, I am glad I only use it to sign up with online accts that would fill my regular email with spam.
A bit off topic.

I have used Yahoo mail forever without any problems that I'm aware of. Stupid question. How did you know that your account had been hacked?

vic

Sjoberg

Sweden
Goflex home from seagate is great! My wife bought one and life was good.
The problem we noticed is that the one we bought was not working with Windows 8.
For Windows 7 it is working just perfekt but when i bought my computor with W8 i could not use it anymore and i am thinking that i dont want to storage my things in a thing that would be useless just beceause i got a new computor and the idea was to use it when a computor crash.

Yes, we should have learn the lesson before we bought it. :bash:

Dropbox i have to, i like it and it has not been hacked as far as i know, but the thing with Copy is that i got so much more space than i get in dropbox.

mvh jocke

flman

Thank you pioneers for trying windoze 8, mine sits on the NTFS partition with about 15 minutes of use, before I broke out my favorite Linux distro and created new partitions. I actually threw a shell program into 8 to make it look more similar to XP.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Vic said:
I have used Yahoo mail forever without any problems that I'm aware of. Stupid question. How did you know that your account had been hacked?
You see postings from yourself appearing in the Yahoo groups ... that you didn't write.
Your friends write to you that you're spamming their inboxes

..those are the two easy hints...

--dick (who sends messages of the second flavor after seeing examples of the first)

Sjoberg

Sweden
Well, i cant really see were i set up the trap beceause i thought i was open with my intensions the first post.
But i am not here to make enemies so i will try to remove this thread.

jocke

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Well, i cant really see were i set up the trap beceause i thought i was open with my intensions the first post.
But i am not here to make enemies so i will try to remove this thread.
As you said, you were perfectly clear in the initial posting, so i (for one) didn't consider it a "trap" in any way.

Those of us who'd appreciate free cloud storage can use it (and tell our friends who'll tell their friends, etc), and those who don't won't.
(i've made use a a few free "generous storage" free website sites, but they only offer "freebies" if the folks you introduce to them pay for extended services... so i don't blatantlyadvertise them (beyond occasionally citing them as a spot i've posted Sprinter stuff that's too large to attach here).)

I'd respectfully request that you don't delete this thread, since it will serve as a handy reference/resource in the future (especially when someone posts a 2007 or newer Service CD there...)

thanks
--dick

flman

I am not offended by the thread, and if I were I could stop looking. If I did not already have dropbox setup on several devices I would consider copy as the free space is much bigger. I was considering Wave accounting, but that is TMI! for my private business info, and it will always stay on my local hard drive.

johnshmit

Did not see anything offensive in this thread. Would use it myself, but got 3TB already. If you really need those 5GB i will register so you can have them.

-Done. Does someone has their naked pictures to share?

Last edited:

Sjoberg

Sweden
Thanks for the offer johnshmit i appreciate it.
I think i got 42gb now so i am not sure if i really need anymore.

Maybe Ross needs some more space? https://copy.com/?r=qg6GW7 (Ross link) :)

Best regards jocke

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
After reading through the Copy.com terms and service, i see that they do *not* back up your data.
So, if you use the service, be sure to maintain your own backups.

And i'm curious: they'll also delete accounts if they're "inactive" for an unspecified period...
What does that do to Sjoberg's extra 5gb? Is his quota suddenly reduced?
(the T&S say that Copy.com "reserves the right to use our discretion to delete some or all of Your data so as to reduce your storage space to below the free amount" (in the section on buying additional space))

The above are reasonable restrictions on free accounts, so i'm not complaining about them.
But folks planning to use Copy.com should be aware of them.
https://www.copy.com/about/tos

--dick (who frequently forgets to "use" such services, and falls off their radar...)

Top Bottom