How big is your shower?

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
The disadvantage is that the shower pan in front of the toilet stays wet, so you have to take your shoes and socks off to go for a few hours after a shower.
I had this problem with my fibreglass cubicle, but I fixed it by modifying a "bamboo bath mat" you can find them all over eBay. Its just a rack structure made of bamboo. You can modify it to the exact size of your cubicle and no more wet feet!

You can just see the corner of it in this photo:

Last edited:

marklg

I had this problem with my fibreglass cubicle, but I fixed it by modifying a "bamboo bath mat" you can find them all over eBay. Its just a rack structure made of bamboo. You can modify it to the exact size of your cubicle and no more wet feet!
Yes, a friend has an outdoor shower he made with one of those on the floor. I've considered it but concerned that it is harder to clean the shower. How is is to clean? On the last trip around the country we had to remove and wash the shower curtain several times due to mold, which had never happened before, being based in the desert.

Regards,

Mark

Jsheehan

I was considering this route vs FRP interior/Plywood/Laminate Finish exterior for my wetbath which is next major build phase.

How sturdy/stable is the straight PVC panel route? Looking to see if I can find a 3/4" 4x8 sheets of darker grey that is not stupid expensive
The 3/4" is about as flexible as a standard sheet of 1/2" plywood. I have 3 3/4"x4" azec strips bonded together at the front edge of the stall walls for supports. It paints well if you cant find the grey, just make sure to use 100% acrylic paint.

dynaco1

Which material would make the better shower stall?

Stainless steel sheet

Aluminum sheet

Fiberglass

Aluminum embossed plywood

other?

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
Which material would make the better shower stall? Stainless steel sheet, Aluminum sheet, Fiberglass, Aluminum embossed plywood, other?
I found fiberglass reinforced plastic, FRP, the easiest and least costly to build a custom shower. Available at Home Depot along with the corner and end joints. Thin enough to bend to the contour of the Sprinter’s outer wall. My floor was just a standard fiberglass shower pan. I will be adding my shower build details to my build thread, Baby Shamu, in the next few days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
The bamboo mat is easy to clean. it just lifts out, so you can clean under it just like normal.

Jonlen

We have a teak mat in our shower that we got off Amazon. It sits in the aisle when we are showering, then put back in to keep our feet dry afterwards.

I built a fold away shower, if you email me ill send you pictures. Eventually ill post them but as its still a prototype (being used daily lol) theres some carpentry/scrap wood involved that I'm not too proud of and I remember it being a pain to get pictures on here. Its about 2x2, basin mounted on hinges so that it sits flat on the floor or folds against door. Shower ring is just copper tubing and also folds into door so when foldaway only takes up about 2'by6". I only use it 2 minutes a day so taking a bunch of space was unthinkable. email is oldtownryan@gmail.com

tgregg

Our shower is 26 x 36 plus a couple inches for the plumbing behind the wall and includes a Thetford 402c Cassette toilets. So the foot room is 24 x 26 and the elbow room is 26 x 36.

The Cassette toilet fits over the lip of the shower pan and fits tight from wall to wall and is caulked to walls and shower pan.

/QUOTE

Photos of your bathroom and deck fill setups?
On a prior camper I had an 1 1/2 inch deck fill, but I didn't have room for the 1 1/2 inch hose to the tank on this one.

Sorry about the upside down photos

Attachments

Rtarannum

Mikecol, I am looking for a small shower pan for 144 build as well. Where did you get yours and how did you make it work? Do you have a layout that you dont mind sharing? or even a rough diagram w/ measurements.

I'm using a RBcomponents shower pan which is 30 X 20.88 X 4 for my 144WB; expensive, but fits into my plans well. Curtain will hang from track past pan 30" length to allow arms to extend. Curtain retracts leaving only pan in rear view. Work still in progress.

Shower pan is also storage for e-mountain bike; vertical with front wheel off. Bike is on 1-up rack in back when showering or in isle-way.

Onefin

Mikecol, I am looking for a small shower pan for 144 build as well. Where did you get yours and how did you make it work? Do you have a layout that you dont mind sharing? or even a rough diagram w/ measurements.
One small shower pan option that integrates with a thetford c402. https://www.icondirect.com/shower-pan-sp100/ You can buy on amazon cheaper or campevan HQ for more money https://www.campervan-hq.com/collections/rv-cassette-toilets/products/rv-shower-pan-27-white

I bought one from amazon and it came with a small crack in the corner...they gave me my money back and let me keep the pan....the factory packing wasn’t amazing by any measure. Beyond that, the quality seems acceptable for RV parts.

I’m undecided if I’m going to use the pan, because I’m undecided if I want an enclosed bathroom.

mikecol

rbcomponents.com

I wanted full view out rear windows, so have 1/2 height partition on shower wall. Here are some picts of alum pan and underside drain (before sealing). Drain photo also shows shore power inlet thru van plug.

Attachments

kfo

My floor was just a standard fiberglass shower pan. I will be adding my shower build details to my build thread, Baby Shamu, in the next few days.

Thanks for the images and info about the FRP board. Do you have info about the pan you used? You mention it is fiberglass. The only 27 x 24 pan I can find is made by ICON and is ABS plastic. Any information on your pan would be much appreciated-source, quality, thoughts.

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
Thanks for the images and info about the FRP board. Do you have info about the pan you used? You mention it is fiberglass. The only 27 x 24 pan I can find is made by ICON and is ABS plastic. Any information on your pan would be much appreciated-source, quality, thoughts.

That sounds like the correct shower pan. I just posted details of my shower build on my build thread, Baby Shamu.

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
How much space does it take up after the framing? Is it safe to assime 1.5" extra on each side?

I only added 1/2” per side. The final exterior dimensions of my shower are exactly 28x25. I used 3/4” prefinished maple ply for the walls and solid 3/4” maple for the door surround. I notched the walls and door surround 1/4” to allow the upper flange of the shower pan to recess into the sides. This allowed the FRP panels to overhang the shower pan minimizing the chance for water to find its way under the shower pan.

pinoychester

I found fiberglass reinforced plastic, FRP, the easiest and least costly to build a custom shower. Available at Home Depot along with the corner and end joints. Thin enough to bend to the contour of the Sprinter’s outer wall. My floor was just a standard fiberglass shower pan. I will be adding my shower build details to my build thread, Baby Shamu, in the next few days.

Hey great van build! I love the shower room. I was thinking of getting the same size of 27x24 but for having a cassette toilet or composting toilet inside the shower room is it enough leg room to use the toilet in that shower???

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
Hey great van build! I love the shower room. I was thinking of getting the same size of 27x24 but for having a cassette toilet or composting toilet inside the shower room is it enough leg room to use the toilet in that shower???
Install the toilet so you sit on it with your feet in the aisle. Back of toilet against the van side wall.

Top Bottom