2016 Crew Camper for Family of 4

sprinterPaul

Hey looks like you upgraded your sink. I’m considering something similar, Smev round sink/ single burner combo. Any thoughts / hints about this? Mine will be installed over a TF65. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No experience with the combo unit. The sink is a game changer.

GeorgeRa

2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB, Portland OR
The nespresso pixie? The beer? Or the water fill tap?

I think it is neither, it is FPOFG.

Added - Sorry for using an acronym, FootPoweredOverFloorGenerator. It has a some kind of pedal, it is cylindrical and most importantly good access to fuel everywhere :cheers:

Last edited:

jenho

I'm going for a similar setup, where are your water tank(s)? I was hoping to fit two 5 gallon jugs under the bed just beside the fridge inside the wheel well boxes.

Thanks again for updates!

sprint2freedom

2008 NCV3 170ext
I was hoping to fit two 5 gallon jugs under the bed just beside the fridge inside the wheel well boxes.
My unsolicited layout advice: water is heavy and requires regular replacement- make sure to place your water jugs somewhere you can access easily.

Last edited:

sprinterPaul

I'm going for a similar setup, where are your water tank(s)? I was hoping to fit two 5 gallon jugs under the bed just beside the fridge inside the wheel well boxes.

Thanks again for updates!

I have a 10 gallon tank behind my passenger side wheel well in a box. I fit the maximum size I could in that space. I also carry two 4 gallon aquatainers for extra water. Those fit under my lower beds on my slide outs.

I have a 4 gallon isotemp hot tank below deck that provides hot water to the sink and shower.

I added a shower hookup inside under my sink too. So on those cold windy days i can rig up a quick shower.

Feel free to shoot me an email at info@xplroutfitters.com if you need more details or some specific pictures.

jenho

Thanks SP! I was surprised you could fit the TF130 with the sink on top under your bed, I have a TF65 on the way and though even that would be tight. I'm laying everything out this weekend to see what will fit.

Looks like Dometic is the only game in town for sinks with fold down faucet, they are pricey! We seem to have a similar blue colour palette.

Attachments

sprinterPaul

Finally made some updates to the van. Lack of counter space is always a problem so I sourced a lagun table in addition to the other one I have.

And then made a spot to store it.

Along with updated stuff sacks for my boys sleeping blanket/pillow.

@gltrimble had some extra boat carpet so I made something to catch all the sand and dirt. Easy to pull out and shake off. Custom fit.

And I decided to ditch my trash bag carrier and get an @owlvans spare tire carrier. Should fit with my new @altasix bike rack and allow me to add another 25 gallons of water under the van. In spare tire spot. So I can keep everyone clean as the boys start to get stinky with age.

rube

Thanks for posting this. I have a similar layout and your use of that lagun table in that location is clever. Where did you fix the bracket to the wall? Also on that mount location is it useable as a shared table for the bench and rotated driver / passenger seats? I’m assuming you have to lower the leg for that mode...

sprinterPaul

Thanks for posting this. I have a similar layout and your use of that lagun table in that location is clever. Where did you fix the bracket to the wall? Also on that mount location is it useable as a shared table for the bench and rotated driver / passenger seats? I’m assuming you have to lower the leg for that mode...

I mounted it on the wall where there is a support bracket behind the panel and put 4 rivnuts into it. It’s a little wobbly if you put a lot of weight on it. the bench seat shoulder harness acts as a support.

In my case it doesn’t really do shared duty. Lowering it works. But it doesn’t come far enough off the wall to make that space usable.

You would need a second mount. I think.

sprinterPaul

Got my tire carrier installed. Next up I plan to mount a 25 gallon tank under the van using the spare tire carrier mount points but with a custom welded cage.

Plan is to use the big tank as primary water source and then switch to the 10 gallon tank as reserve.

Farfrumwork

I mounted it on the wall where there is a support bracket behind the panel and put 4 rivnuts into it. It’s a little wobbly if you put a lot of weight on it. the bench seat shoulder harness acts as a support.

In my case it doesn’t really do shared duty. Lowering it works. But it doesn’t come far enough off the wall to make that space usable.

You would need a second mount. I think.

Here is how I mounted our Lagun to the internal bracket in the wall.
I was worried about it being wobbly, so I built a support bracket to live in the wall and distribute the loads better. The internal support needed to be in 2 pieces in order to get it IN the wall. 80-20 'arm' bolted to a section of 3/4" floor sheathing (AL would be better)

The end of the 'arm' has an extender tab to enable contract to the upper section of wall just under the window.

The Lagun mount is bolted through a section of 80-20 and our 1/4" Baltic Birch wall cover - leaves a pretty sturdy table setup. I'm glad I spent the time to add more support!

Prototype table in picture (its orange laminated 1/2" Baltic birch now)

Attachments

sprinterPaul

Here is how I mounted our Lagun to the internal bracket in the wall.
I was worried about it being wobbly, so I built a support bracket to live in the wall and distribute the loads better. The internal support needed to be in 2 pieces in order to get it IN the wall. 80-20 'arm' bolted to a section of 3/4" floor sheathing (AL would be better)

The end of the 'arm' has an extender tab to enable contract to the upper section of wall just under the window.

The Lagun mount is bolted through a section of 80-20 and our 1/4" Baltic Birch wall cover - leaves a pretty sturdy table setup. I'm glad I spent the time to add more support!

Prototype table in picture (its orange laminated 1/2" Baltic birch now)
Nicely done. I was thinking about reinforcing it; but with the bench seat under mine. It's solid as a rock for the intended purpose.

You have a set back bench seat affording you more space (which is really nice). I'm a bit more space constrained and the mount location I needed is a bit higher up in order to get the the table above the bench seat belt shoulder mount.

My issue to making it dual purpose is the lagun table mount clamp does not pinch the mount as it is below the intended range. I'd need to drill, tap and thread in another pinch clamp.

linnmagic

Nicely done. I was thinking about reinforcing it; but with the bench seat under mine. It's solid as a rock for the intended purpose.

You have a set back bench seat affording you more space (which is really nice). I'm a bit more space constrained and the mount location I needed is a bit higher up in order to get the the table above the bench seat belt shoulder mount.

My issue to making it dual purpose is the lagun table mount clamp does not pinch the mount as it is below the intended range. I'd need to drill, tap and thread in another pinch clamp.
I installed mine behind the driver seat.

Attachments

jenho

Hi SP,

Totally unrelated question to tire carriers. I have some pod flood lights that I want to mount in the same position on the back of the van roof as you have in your photo. Are yours bolted in to the van roof or is there a rail I can't see?

The factory roof rails don't extend far enough back to just put an angle or whatever across. The lights end up too inset from the back edge of the van. I was looking at getting a custom tube bent to mount them to that would tie into the factory rails and allow lights to be mounted where I need them.

J

Got my tire carrier installed. Next up I plan to mount a 25 gallon tank under the van using the spare tire carrier mount points but with a custom welded cage.

Plan is to use the big tank as primary water source and then switch to the 10 gallon tank as reserve.

sprinterPaul

Hi SP,

Totally unrelated question to tire carriers. I have some pod flood lights that I want to mount in the same position on the back of the van roof as you have in your photo. Are yours bolted in to the van roof or is there a rail I can't see?

The factory roof rails don't extend far enough back to just put an angle or whatever across. The lights end up too inset from the back edge of the van. I was looking at getting a custom tube bent to mount them to that would tie into the factory rails and allow lights to be mounted where I need them.

J

Hi JH,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075NH5DSN

Place where ever you like. They are not moving.

Top Bottom