Did the Spray Foam

Happy

NCV3 170"

396sq-ft kit of high density foam from Foam It Green.

--link removed--

This was easier than I thought it would be, other than the brutal heat today while wearing a tyvek suit. I thought I would have a lot to say about this but really, it was very easy.

Video's will be posted soon as I get them from my friend's phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

canoe4me

I'm still working up the nerve to shoot my new van with the stuff. Let us all know how much difference it makes.

Thanks.

sampep

Ah man this is so nice!! When you think of all the time it take to insulate the van with other means.. the price is so worth it.
did you do inside the pillar as well?
How much quieter is the ride after the foam?

Thanks

Happy

Things I'd do differently: I'd get a higher quality gun. The little plastic gun that came with the kit is better than I thought it would be.... but I think a higher quality part would have definitely more control and possibly better foam. The gun it comes with is all you'd need for your attic which is what these kits are really for.

I forgot to mask off the sliding door entry step. Most of the overspray will probably wear off eventually.

This high density foam is the right way to go. I had some concerns about this but for sure, this was worth it. Expansion is really mild. It's really tough. And it's R7.7 per inch. So I guess I got an Rvalue of 9 or 10 in the thinner spots and 20 - 24 in the lower panels.

I was applying at 90F and 85%humidity.

I did shoot some inside the enclosed pillars - but I was very very cautious about how much I put in there. 3-5 second burst at 1/2 trigger pull.

Ride down the road is quiet but a squeak I have from the sliding door is much much more pronounced now - as is some resonance from the square crossbars on my roof rack. It's enough of a difference that I didn't care about these noises before, now I have to fix them.

atulin

I forgot to mask off the sliding door entry step. Most of the overspray will probably wear off eventually.
I haven't tried it but great stuff makes a cleaner that is supposed to work if you use it before the foam fully sets up.

s4s

2005 long/high 3500 carvo
did you have any left over? is that size kit the right one? they want 140 to ship it to me in CA
Also curious if you had to spread it thin, was it just right, or was there a bit left over?

Also, how do you think this would work spraying the floor ridges on the underside of the van?

Thanks for the info!

Kentsvan

Very nice video. Best I have seen for Sprinter Van. Also, thank you for posting exact brand, amount etc you used. A few questions as someone interested in this route.
1. Have you noticed a difference in insulation?
2. Did it expand and effect the outside sheet metal?
3. Same as above but, how much was left over?
4. Did or would you do the floor?
5. Anyone know how the foam compares in weight to rigid foam, bubble, batt, or other insulation methods?

Thanks again!

Top Bottom