Oil and Fuel FIlter (and oil) - where do you buy for cheap in Canada?

Brian_

Mikes a nice guy. But he is only going to know what he has seen in his years at his location. So before you judge why don't you fly to other countries visit other Mercedes dealers in Europe of or talk to owners of Mercedes dealer from Europe that was visiting. That's how stubble on to this whole thing. I'm not here to have a pissing contest with you. I'm here to share info that others can do there own research out side this forum and out side of Canadain dealerships. Although they are great when it comes to oil what they have been told for years has been a lie. What do you think the Mike of Volkswagon dealer would have said if you asked him about how clean there diesel emissions are 2 years ago. Anyway put you head back in the sand. I'm sure you will see Mike very often with your many trips to the service counter.

FYI. Mike and everyone there is well awear and have heard it for years. that they use a oil that has a little to much ash in it. But there hands are tired. 228.51 is unavailable to them.
Amsol has 228.51 oil. We use 228.51 oil in our sprinters in France and it is what is listed as approved (it's a mobil oil I believe). I just ordered a 4x4 here in Canada and since its exactly the same engine as the 4 we have .... can't see why can't use the same oil. This is the amsol oil

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...e-series-max-duty-synthetic-diesel-oil-5w-30/

nolly

2007 318 cdi
just bought some Motul x clean 5w40 229.51 specs at lordco in Nanaimo for $9.09 . cnd tire has MOBILE 1 0W30 AND 5W3O 229.51 AT $16.00 /lt . not too sure about MOTUL brand(from france) has anyone any info on it? it is a mid-sap oil ,not lo sap so will there be too much ash for my DPF . it is in the bevo approved m.b . list.

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
PartSource / CdnTire often puts jugs and pails of Rotella T6 on sale.
The 5W30 grade is MB-228.51 approved, though may not be a good choice for winter starts?

I look at the T6 longingly as I reach for the spendier Mobil1 ECF 0W40 for my T1N... I buy the jugs when I see them on sale at Cdn Tire or Walmart... usually about $40 per 4.5 litre jug when on sale (vs $52 list). I do a lot of short hops and cold starts, so my OCI is 16,000km (or about twice a year). Oil and a MANN filter is roughly the price of a full tank of fuel these days, so I’m at peace with this cost.

I’m just passing 180,000 miles (US import) so am now on the hunt for a NAG1 fluid, filter, and gasket. Any current leads?

-dave

Last edited:

dieseldaryl

I've found the Mobil1 0W30 ESP from an Esso Bulk retailer for around $8 a liter. For 2 cases (12L) it comes to $111 including taxes.

Top Bottom