roof top A/C not that cool

VanGuy6678

Has anyone explored use of generator to power the existing vehicle air conditioner? I've always been impressed with how powerful it actually is. If I can power it through the night without having to run the vehicle motor, it'd be ideal. Anyone?

gte

2008 RS
Interesting idea but not certain how you get the A/C compressor to spin since it is connected via belt to the engine.

skier1950

Update; One of my AC problems was solved when the dealer replaced a bad inverter. The AC will now run off the house batteries. I've got an appt with Cummins to have the generator looked at. It will not start and the light on the on/off toggle switch is always on. I rarely use the gen but want it fixed just in case. It's an option that I would not order on a custom build. The 4 AMG batteries and solar work just fine for me. It seems like the only time I run the gen is for the recommended 20 min/month that is recommended to maintain it in good working order.

skier1950

update; I had Cummins look at the generator and they found a faulty circuit board. The AC now works fine using the battery power or the gen. Everything covered under warranty so I'm a happy RV'er.

GAMacky

I'm in need of the under mount AC. I will have to contact ProAir after my next trip which is coming up tomorrow. :clapping:

Top Bottom