Injector source

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
WAYNERODD in Ohio had them cheaper than anywhere else I could find... MUCH cheaper. :thumbup:
That's his username. Just do an "advanced search" and you can find his contact info.
I'm sure Andy (Dr. A) in Pittsburgh has some and so does Europarts SD.
All are good sources for parts with plenty of recommendations.
Europarts lists the Stealership price and then their price, just to give you a reference.
Europarts also rents the injector puller, which I rented but didn't end up needing.
I'm glad my post helped.
Good luck and keep the list posted! :thumbup:

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Re: Injector Leak-off Test

When you replace the injectors, do you have to get new seals and hold down bolts? I seen Dr. A make mention about getting new bolts in one of the many posts I have read. My fear is not having everything needed to complete the job, since this is my only work truck.

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com

When you replace the injectors, do you have to get new seals and hold down bolts? I seen Dr. A make mention about getting new bolts in one of the many posts I have read. My fear is not having everything needed to complete the job, since this is my only work truck.
I first ordered two from Europarts and they came with new bolts and washers. Then I found WAYNERODDs posts and ordered 3 more from him for a much better price. His too came with new bolts, washers and anti-seize.
So it seems to me that it's standard to come with all the necessary replacement parts, but it wouldn't hurt to ask when ordering. :thumbup:
PS- all told, It probably took me less than 2 hours total, start to finish, from the time I disconnected the negative battery cable to start the injector replacement to the time I re-connected it and started the van back up again with new injectors. The first one was real slow, because I didn't know what I was doing, but they all came out nice and easy.
I think it helped that the engine was warm and I had left PB Blaster soaking in the injector wells for a week while I drove the van around during it's normal driving routine.

generalpatton07

I am new to this forum and work on five sprinters 3 04-05's and 2 2011's and i just completely rebuilt the 04 did not cut any corners everything new and today i installed the injectors and was ready for the first start-up. Got all the air out and engine fired up just like that once it got fuel and everything was working great and had it running to do a/c on it and then took it for a bit of a test and got back and went to do one last check for leaks and noises before putting the van back into service then i started to give a knock at idle the rpm's would increase and knock then drop and the knock would go away and would surge like that while it idled and i would increase the rpms and the knock would go away then back at idle it would surge and knock again so i read the forum about the leak test and all injectors go up about 1/2" up the tube with fuel and was wondering what that meant. These are new not reman Bosch Injectors and any help would be much appreciated

generalpatton07

Well these are new injectors from europarts sd all five and i was trying to figure out if one of the injectors was the problem or if i should be looking some where else for the issue i am having.

regon

Generalpaton07. I don't know if this can be of any help.
A few years ago I replaced the injectors in my old diesel van, a 86Nissan urvan, I shimmed and pressure tested the injectors before I put them in and then we went on a journey, I began to have a similar problem to yours after about 800k. I would be driving along an the engine would get this horrible knock and lose power, the worst thing is it went away on its own for a short while and then came back later on. We did the old style crack off test (Obviously cant do this on Sprinters because of danger to life and limb) while running to see which injector it was and having found the offending injector pulled it apart to find a tiny piece of metal which was intermittently making the injector get stuck, fixed the problem.
I am going to assume the injector leak off test that would reveal a worn injector would also reveal an injector that had some obstruction, if the obstruction was in operation while the test was in progress? perhaps a more professional member would be able to shed more light.

Top Bottom