Agile - check engine error code p0221

Got check engine error code p0221 on 2011 Agile. It is NOX sensor related. Any experience?

Does a shop can replace it easily, or some camper parts need be removed before reach the sensors?

Thanks in advance!

RT.SS

A quick google for “P0221” DTC code shows "Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit Range/Performance Problem" although you need a MB level diagnostic tool to properly diagnose your problem, I don’t think it is related to the NOx sensors.

For future reference: The upstream and downstream NOx sensors/ modules can be accessed in a RT Agile without removing major camper parts (i.e.: fresh tank/ steps/ holding tanks). I just replaced the NOx sensors on mine few months ago and all I need to remove is the holding tank heatshield to expose the downstream NOx sensor module. The upstream NOx sensor module can be accessed behind the front passenger wheel well inner liner; it’s located at the very bottom part of the liner.

Aggie

2010 Roadtrek SS Ideal
My SS Ideal is very similar to the Agile - MB first said holding or fresh tank had to be removed but even without questioning found easy removal of the inner wheel liner allowed access.

RT.SS

My SS Ideal is very similar to the Agile - MB first said holding or fresh tank had to be removed but even without questioning found easy removal of the inner wheel liner allowed access.
Yeah. I did not even remove the inner wheel liner, I just wedged something in-between the liner and the wheel well to access the module. It is somewhat tricky to remove/install one of the NOx module fastening nut though as it is partly covered by fresh water tank. I can see why some MB dealer requires removal of the fresh tank; you need a small hand and dexterity to accomplish this.

Top Bottom