Sprinterless memembers

K-9 SPRINTER

OK ...
I understand joining a Sprinter forum,...........
if you have a Sprinter..........
OR ........if your thinking of getting a Sprinter,and are researching them

but once you decide that a Sprinter is not for you, why do you stay(live) here
Why do you stay?????..... just to talk down about a van you dont want, don't own , and will never own?????
Dont you have any sort of real life???

Are you here to save the world from MB??? :lol:
Some of you brag that, your either a rocket scientist(remember Barbarbian? LOL LOL) or brain surgeons, or drive a bla bla,
Why dont you join one of those forums and spend your miserable life in one of those forums.:idunno::2cents:

Last edited:

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
JLC1 is kind of funny, like the napkin in the glove compartment causing a LHM, I can even see Dr. Z sadisticly laughing over that one all the way to the bank.

OTOH, he has gotten a little carried away with the Sprinter bash thing, but he did actually own a Sprinter and has a right to rant, but for how long?

For now, I remain neutral and enjoy the grins.

pfflyer

I don't mind him dogging Sprinters but he is now resorting to dogging personal decisions. His "humor" is now off putting and boring. If everyone would ignore him maybe he will go away.

JLC1

Maybe...just maybe mb is reading this forum and saying "vee got Das problems". And when they finally fix them all you can thank me for speaking up.
Yea...that's the ticket...
You wimper in the background in limp mode and I will stand up to the bully mb for you.
Your welcome.

pfflyer

I got this one....

Ok... not all things are as they appear.

How is the weather in Dearborn?

Do you know that active forums have value? A forum can be opened up, developed and sold believe it or not. There are company's out there shopping for very active forums to purchase so they can use them as advertising bases for products.

If a forum is stale the value decreases, if a forum is hopping it holds its potential sale value.

Has this forum been stale?

I'm not saying this forum is being groomed for a sale, but the fact that it's so active is a good thing.
Post counts my friend are like dollar bills in the bank.

Productive posts count. How many users are not posting because of your personal attacks?
All posts are good posts especially if they generate more posts.
Not if you drive users away. Like I said productive and relevant criticism is one thing but you tend to get carried away and get off subject
You guys question the mods here... I would give them a statue in the center of my town for the freedom they allow here.
Amen
You guys are lucky you can say and do what you want. There are forums that edit your posts, delete them, and ban you for nothing. Don't you enjoy the freedom you have to say anything you want anytime you want to?
Don't be afraid of a little negativity .... I'm sure we all just want the same thing... which is a better acting Sprinter. And better treatment from the dealerships.
Yes I did not buy a Sprinter for my business now... but I sure was planning on one for my tour of USA at retirement ... still waiting and watching for Sprinter to improve so maybe in 5 years it could be a choice again.
What I said may or may not be useful or helpful, just trying to increase the value of the forum with another post.

PS: I don't think this forum would have lasted as long and have as many dedicated contributors if it is only interested in the number posts it generates. Sorry for editing an existing post and not creating a new one.

Last edited:

showkey

Maybe...just maybe mb is reading this forum and saying "vee got Das problems". And when they finally fix them all you can thank me for speaking up.
Yea...that's the ticket...
You wimper in the background in limp mode and I will stand up to the bully mb for you.
Your welcome.

Sorry you lost what little credibility you had when you proclaimed how great Hyundai is............

The only thing they do is make poor copies Honda and Toyota and now maybe MB vans in the future.
Hyundai maybe the only other car that will rust like the old Sprinters. :thumbup:

JLC1

Your opinion and I respect that. If I lose credibility over a car that can clock 100k in 2-3 years with one set of tires and maybe 15 oil changes.... than your value system is wacked.
This is and should be considered normal for ALL cars and even vans... it seems to be at my house anyways.
You poor thing... you are a perfect example of being conditioned to accept the weekly nut kicking by MB then thanking them and asking for another.
It does not have to be like that you know.

Boater

How about those of us who own a sprinter but are in long term maintenance/rebuild so haven't actually driven it for 18 months....???? :D

showkey

Your opinion and I respect that. If I lose credibility over a car that can clock 100k in 2-3 years with one set of tires and maybe 15 oil changes.... than your value system is wacked.
This is and should be considered normal for ALL cars and even vans... it seems to be at my house anyways.
You poor thing... you are a perfect example of being conditioned to accept the weekly nut kicking by MB then thanking them and asking for another.
It does not have to be like that you know.
One isolated experience does not make a brand rating.

MXWagen

I got this one....

Ok... not all things are as they appear.

Do you know that active forums have value? A forum can be opened up, developed and sold believe it or not. There are company's out there shopping for very active forums to purchase so they can use them as advertising bases for products.

If a forum is stale the value decreases, if a forum is hopping it holds its potential sale value.

I'm not saying this forum is being groomed for a sale, but the fact that it's so active is a good thing.
Post counts my friend are like dollar bills in the bank.
All posts are good posts especially if they generate more posts.
You guys question the mods here... I would give them a statue in the center of my town for the freedom they allow here.
You guys are lucky you can say and do what you want. There are forums that edit your posts, delete them, and ban you for nothing. Don't you enjoy the freedom you have to say anything you want anytime you want to?
Don't be afraid of a little negativity .... I'm sure we all just want the same thing... which is a better acting Sprinter. And better treatment from the dealerships.
Yes I did not buy a Sprinter for my business now... but I sure was planning on one for my tour of USA at retirement ... still waiting and watching for Sprinter to improve so maybe in 5 years it could be a choice again.
Dude, trust me on this one: you do not add value to this forum.

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
I don't mind him dogging Sprinters but he is now resorting to dogging personal decisions. His "humor" is now off putting and boring. If everyone would ignore him maybe he will go away.
Exactly, as long as fuel is added to the fire, the bigger it gets, even SOB is still carrying on all the while he has JLC1 on his ignore list? :rolleyes:

ehallspqr

Great Post, funny stuff. You said what some of us where thinking. I have no problem with people expressing their opinions about the Sprinter, both good and bad. My problem is with people turning this into a personal vendetta and bash fest on Sprinter's and their owner's. The pending release of a couple new hightop vans really brought out the Sprinter detractors. The Ford Transit, shills for instance. They have been having a field day, bad mouthing the Sprinter while promoting a van that as of a couple weeks ago had yet to even rolled one mile on North American highways. Also am tired of the assumption by some of these guys that just because they had a bad experience, or there are known issues with the Sprinter, that everyone else's experience must be just as bad and that we (Sprinter owner's) are all moron's to stick around for our weekly "nut kicking".

Yes there are some issues with the Sprinter. I get that. Yes there is some room for improvement by Mercedes and they need to address these shortcomings. I get that. And yes, I even get that some people have had horrible experiences with their particular Sprinter and that they are very unhappy with MB at the moment. That doesn't mean you can extend your individual experiences to the whole of the Sprinter universe with blanket assumptions and belittle the rest of us who haven't had similar issues. With the hundreds of thousand's of Sprinter's in service worldwide there are bound to be problems arise and when they do you can bet someone will use the internet to shout their concerns to the highest rooftops. Just remember, at some point the laws of averages and percentages takes over. Things breakdown, things need service (some more than other's) and this is just how it is with cars and trucks. If your incapable of understanding this simple concept then you need to quit coming here and instead log onto "Perfect Vans dot com" located in Perfect-Universe. Where Vans never breakdown, the manufacture's pay you to take them off their hands and everyone's kids are above average.

Last edited:

pgr

I can say the same about my wife's Hyundai with 89 k miles on it. Oil & filter, brakes, that's it. I hate it personally and never drive it but it has been a trouble free cheap to operate car and she likes it!

Now you gave two testimonials:tongue:

showkey

I can say the same about my wife's Hyundai with 89 k miles on it. Oil & filter, brakes, that's it. I hate it personally and never drive it but it has been a trouble free cheap to operate car and she likes it!

Now you gave two testimonials:tongue:

Not to turn this in a Hyundai thread but they do not fair well when when judged against the industry :

http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/2014-Vehicle-Dependability-Study-Press-Release.htm

Just to keep it real MB is 104. Second from the top
Industry average is 133
Hyundai rolls ( limps) in at 169. Fifth from the bottom

That's problems per 100 vehicles.
Not just isolated owner experiences ;)

Last edited:

showkey

I guess they obviously don't consider the Sprinter to be a Mercedes then!:bounce:

OR...........small individual experiences ( good or bad ) do not make a brand rating :hmmm:

One of the reasons a forum is used is to solve a problem or concern, ask question etc or bitch about one thing or another........( or just cause trouble) :laughing:

Visit too many hospitals...........then you might think everyone is sick.

pgr

There are a lot of sick people who belong in a hospital, out there, but they're busy keeping their Sprinters running:idunno:

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Of the gazillion Sprinters here in North America... only the 1%'ers are posting here :bash::yell: their Sprinters. :dripsarcasm:

Pull up these forums: VW; BMW; Jaguar; Toyota; Hyundai, etc...you see the same thing bitchin' 1%'ers.... :idunno:

cheers....

Top Bottom