Clearance Lights fuse location: 2008 Fleetwood Sprinter ICON

dave61

I clipped the edge of a carwash hanger bracket with one of my top, front clearance lights breaking the housing and shorting out the fuse (light housing was crushed and shorted to ground). I purchased another clearance light, installed it, but can't find the fuse to replace it.

I have searched all the locations and fuses mentioned in the owners manual (I've seen zero fuses marked "clearance or head lights in the manual...?)

The fuse box located under the driver's kick panel, under the seat (I removed seat to see if there might be more fuses in there besides the one under the seat panel) and the book clearly shows that the fuse box by the battery doesn't hold any of the fuses I'm looking for.

Used a test light to check ALL my fuses individually and they all test good...

Looked in the engine compartment too..!

Manual tells you to go to the dealer if your "dash warning light" comes on, but how hard is it to change a fuse if you know where it's located...? Any help appreciated to avoid going back to the dealer until my engine dies again.

Thanks

dave61

"when all else fails, read the..." In small print and VERY vague, I found a note about the "RV 12 volt fuse panel" located in the storage box next to the entry step...:bash:

The RV's fuse panel (buried) in one of my storage compartments... found the fuse... replaced it and all is good.

Dave61

MeRob

If you ever blow the 150 A fuse to your generator... you might try looking in the D.E.F. Compartment. Mine was buried there under a nest of 12V fuses. I finally broke down and made my own list of fuses and their size and locations.

dschae1

Interesting that I had a similar problem today in my 2009 Icon 24D. I Texas, there is a State Vehicle inspection and I failed because the clearance (running?) lights did not illuminate when the headlights turned on. :doh:
I went hunting for the fuse and finally found it as mentioned above in the storage box just behind the entry door. There is a wooden panel box with a lot of wires and fuses inside. The fuse for these lights was just outside the normal fuse box, closest to the exterior side of the box. I almost didn't see it. Once I replaced the 10 amp fuse, the lights worked and I was able to pass inspection! :thumbup:

MeRob

Finding fuses ?...
My 24 ft DSL came with an entertainment package. While searching for another fuse...I found 3 in-line fuses associated with the 'boom' box and sound system. Both the box and it's fuses are are mounted to the floor of the side slide... near the slide wall. In my rig it's well out of sight (under the sofa and table storage area) Maybe this will help someone.

DEWPulse

Interesting that I had a similar problem today in my 2009 Icon 24D. I Texas, there is a State Vehicle inspection and I failed because the clearance (running?) lights did not illuminate when the headlights turned on. :doh:
I went hunting for the fuse and finally found it as mentioned above in the storage box just behind the entry door. There is a wooden panel box with a lot of wires and fuses inside. The fuse for these lights was just outside the normal fuse box, closest to the exterior side of the box. I almost didn't see it. Once I replaced the 10 amp fuse, the lights worked and I was able to pass inspection! :thumbup:
Thanks for this information!! I might have never found this fuse! Changed and Fixed the issue.

Top Bottom