NCV3 Wheels and Tires

gavia

And here are the Method Standards w/ 245-70-17.

Had three different mechanics advise against going up to 265 tires.

Attachments

Last edited:

eendmans

On my previous Sprinter I had 255/55R19 No problem only when I fully turn the steering wheel. On my new Sprinter I want to try 265/50R19

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
how big is too big?

On a 07 with standard or close to standard offset and width wheels:

32" outside diameter tires rub lightly @ full lock on the rear of the inner plastic wheel liner.

This seems like a reasonable limit, 4 wheel drive and T1n"s will differ.

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
265's work. Changed 265's after 38,000 miles on original Continentals. Drove approx. 20,000 on 265 Michelins before I sold Sprinter. No problems, no rubbing.

HarryN

I am thinking about picking up a 2500, 170 WB, high roof and doing a conversion.

It looks like the 2500 is going to be "just barely enough GVW.

Is there a way to put an equivalent tire setup to the 3500 super single?

Thanks

dds02400

just got my 2014 sprinter. For people upgraded to 19" wheels, what tires on the market can be used? Load Rating D or E tires needed ?

kdlklm

Keith
I finally got everything mounted, and I love how it turned out.

The tires are Cooper Discover AT3 LT 265/60R18. They fit really nice. The factory tire pressure sensor was a little short going into these wheels, but they will work. Also needed special wheel bolts.

Attachments

Last edited:
how's the ride and road noise? how often do you go off road? Im needing new tires and love the look of a BFG KO2, but I don't go off road enough to justify the wear/tear/expense. I see that there is a $100 Rebate on the Cooper Discovers

kdlklm

Keith
I can't complain about the road nice, and I don't go off road at all. They were little more aggressive than what I wanted, but now that I have them I like the aggressive look. The E rated tires don't have a lot of variety. But I really like my Cooper discover AT3'S. Mounted on the 18 inch rims, they're about as close as you're going to get to a low-profile tire.

Top Bottom