RVi3 v Patriot 2-3 toad brake?

Hosh

Navion 2018 24J
RVI3 towing a Jeep unlimited. Very easy to install and setup. Braking is very consistent and predictable. Unit has small footprint and is light weight

Winterbagoal

2018 Winnebago Navion 24V on a 2017 Cab Chassis
All Blue Ox. Aventa LX BX7445 tow bar, Wrangler base plate, either BX1126 or BX1134 (I think it's the BX1126, but I think either will fit), and the Patriot II BRK2016 and wiring harness.
Pros: Easy to set up, I can do it in about 3 minutes + running the auto setup cycle. Doesn't require any holes drilled in the firewall, or mechanical cables which can corrode, stretch, and break. It does require a 12VDC power source while the vehicle is in use, but I have several that are always hot in my Wrangler. Has a remote wireless status monitor that also requires a 12VDC power source for displaying active brake status in the cab of the tow vehicle.
Cons: You have to remove/store it to use the Wrangler, as it sits in front of the driver's seat on the floor and is large enough to interfere with foot/leg room and gas/brake pedal access. It's also pricey, think we paid around C$1000 for it.

Traildad

I have the RVI system that I used in my older MH. Haven't used it yet with the View. I am enjoying being only 24' long :).....When I did use it I really liked it. Put several thousand miles on the old MH and Toad with that system and never had a problem.

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
I looked at both of those but eventually chose the Stay-In-Play Duo permanently installed system. It took a long day to install, but that was just once and now it's invisible and I simply hook/unhook and drive away, nothing to fiddle with or store. Also it powers the brake booster so less stress on everything. I'm not criticizing the Patriot or RVi units and everyone who has one seems to like them so I'm sure they're a great option, but just throwing it out there for anyone considering the same decision.

Top Bottom