What did you learn about your VS30 today?

my_vw_sucks

If you press hard on brake pedal while in drive it activates the hold function. A little hold icon pops up at the base of the display. You can remove your feet from the pedal and the vehicle stays in place. Step on the gas and it deactivates. Take off your seat belt while the hold function is active and the vehicle goes into park and applies the parking brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michlb

Hold function is one of the most useful features in MB. It became standard in 2015 I believe, at least in their regular cars.

cacaw

Yesterday, after hanging out in the van for a while the electric sliding door wouldn't close, as if something was blocking it. After locking/unlocking and pressing the ignition switch it finally closed. Today, when I unlocked the van (we were rushing to make a vet appointment) I heard an unusual beeping noise I'd never heard before and the sliding door wouldn't open until I went through the cab door and pressed the ignition switch.

I understand that there are a couple different time-out functions but am still having trouble understanding how the different time-outs work and how they relate to locking/unlocking/ignition/starting.

sanomechanic

Found that if you replace the door speakers , install speakers in rear doors, a 10 inch sub in the body using a 5 channel amp with JL Audio.....The MB system sounds amazing

cacaw

Found that if you replace the door speakers , install speakers in rear doors, a 10 inch sub in the body using a 5 channel amp with JL Audio.....The MB system sounds amazing
For those of us who don't know sh*t about sound components, can you give us the exact recipe? :)

Eric B

Topping up my DEF, I noticed there’s a vacuum line coming off the passenger side of the engine that looks to be slowly melting against the coolant hard line running to the cabin heater assy

You all might want to address this before the vacuum line springs a leak
Not sure what sensor the vacuum lines goes to but guessing it won’t appreciate a lack of

Pics below

On passenger side of engine
Rearward of oil fill
Underneath fresh air tube to cabin

Attachments

my_vw_sucks

It’s pretty hard to do donuts in this van. Was at Mt Bachelor and put it into 2wd, disabled esp and did some weak sauce donuts. Some sort of traction control light still kept blinking and bogging the throttle. Got a little bit slidey but could have been a lot more fun.

JFC

It’s pretty hard to do donuts in this van. Was at Mt Bachelor and put it into 2wd, disabled esp and did some weak sauce donuts. Some sort of traction control light still kept blinking and bogging the throttle. Got a little bit slidey but could have been a lot more fun.

In NCV3 it was possible to completely desactivate ESP by going in « Roll » mode (for dyno)
This was done in the hidden menu.
Don’t know how to do it with VS30.

lickwid

Learner
Today I noticed that there is a serious bluetooth Audio delay when watching videos on my phone... When im plugged in to CarPlay three is no delay, but over bluetooth its very noticeable. Anyone know how to fix that? my 2014 didn't have any delay...
Pretty sure that's an issue with most devices, Android or iOS. It's very apparent when you're playing games as well with a bluetooth wireless headset. You can google "aptx bluetooth" and find out more, but not sure if there's a way around this for your use case.

430 hp 70

'19 144 Gas Passenger - Carlsbad
Yesterday, after hanging out in the van for a while the electric sliding door wouldn't close, as if something was blocking it. After locking/unlocking and pressing the ignition switch it finally closed. Today, when I unlocked the van (we were rushing to make a vet appointment) I heard an unusual beeping noise I'd never heard before and the sliding door wouldn't open until I went through the cab door and pressed the ignition switch.

I understand that there are a couple different time-out functions but am still having trouble understanding how the different time-outs work and how they relate to locking/unlocking/ignition/starting.
We've been having an issue with the door opening a half inch and stopping. Keys and mounted buttons will then not work. We have to hit start button and everything works again. We haven't figured out what's causing it. Initial opening from either keys or handle will result in the issue.

erik.wahlstrom

Pretty sure that's an issue with most devices, Android or iOS. It's very apparent when you're playing games as well with a bluetooth wireless headset. You can google "aptx bluetooth" and find out more, but not sure if there's a way around this for your use case.
It shouldn't be. That was the whole point of Apple removing the headphone jack. They think everyone should use BT, and while I disagree with their decision on the jack, it does work really well. At lease for me.

JIB

Seems like I've moved the van with the driver's door open. Maybe the difference is in whether it's open or closed when you first start moving.

Yesterday, in a bit of a rush and switching between vehicles, while going very slowly I intended to use the windshield wipers to clean the front windows. But I accidentally pushed the Park button on the right stalk instead of the Wash button on the left stalk. The van shuddered as if the transmission had frozen up and came to an abrupt stop.

I can't imagine that this would do the same thing at 75mph but I'm not going to be the one to test it!
Ok, so I tested it a few days ago. I was cruising down the highway and reached to hit the windshield wiper wash on my Volvo, which is a push button on the right hand stalk. On the Sprinter, which is what I was driving, this button is the the parking setting. I received dashboard notification not to do that at speed. Nothing physical happened. Whew!

I am not sure what the speed cutoff is for not engaging the brake, but someone else will need to try to find that value.

Jack

GLJones

Good to know. It is a very dangerous location considering many cars have their wipers or light controls there.

After two VS30 Sprinters Crew, Cargo:::
Kumho tires with harder sidewalls do corner better. In every other respect, ride, noise,traction,vibration...etc the Michelins are considerably better.

No one solution makes empty cargo ride nice, but the comfort suspension, comfort seats, michelin tires, and dialed in rear shocks front struts. Night and day. As said by many posters way less expensive to order what you want (and be covered on MB warranty) if you can.

Even if getting a good deal on a Sprinter on the lot. Buying the additions will exceed that good deal price.

chipsterguy

I recently learned that the VS30 has a current monitor on the battery / accessory circuit. If the ignition is off, and the current monitor detects current draw off the starter battery for accessories, then it turns all accessories off after 45 minutes. this is new on the VS30 and designed to protect the charge on the starter battery.

I found this out because my Espar power was connected to the starter battery circuit (under the driver seat, EK1 I think) and when running the heater with the vehicle off, it would only run for 45 minutes and shut off. Not good for the heater to shut off when hot without cool down.

Michlb

I recently learned that the VS30 has a current monitor on the battery / accessory circuit. If the ignition is off, and the current monitor detects current draw off the starter battery for accessories, then it turns all accessories off after 45 minutes. this is new on the VS30 and designed to protect the charge on the starter battery.

I found this out because my Espar power was connected to the starter battery circuit (under the driver seat, EK1 I think) and when running the heater with the vehicle off, it would only run for 45 minutes and shut off. Not good for the heater to shut off when hot without cool down.
Yep, it was a bad awakening for me too. We retrofitted a 2nd battery according to factory specs, but we already had the cutoff relay in our van. For good Espar operation, you really can't connect it to the starter battery.

dddrks

Learned what the vehicle feels like at 65mph with ice packed into the front lower spring plate area. I'm glad I decided to pull off the highway to check the tires and look under the vehicle. I thought a wheel was about to fall off.

Top Bottom