Installation of Victron MulriPlus 3000 in 2014 Unity MB

Gamma1966

2013 Chassis /14 Unity MB
Existing Charger / Inverter Systems
When I purchased my 2014 Unity MB, it had one 95 watt solar panel, a Go Power Charge Controller, 2 FLA batteries, a 600 Watt Inverter and WFCO 35 Amp Battery Charger. Several months after using the RV, I decided to upgrade the “Dry Camping” capabilities. I added 2 more 95 and a 160 Watt Solar Panel on the roof. I replaced the Go Power Solar Controller with an i2000 MPT controller for the 3 – 90 Watt solar panels and another for the 160 Watt Solar Panel. I replaced the 2 – FLA batteries with 8 – 6 Volt AGM batteries wired in pairs for 12 Volts and 4 pairs in parallel. I replaced the 600 Watt Inverter with a Go Power 3000 Watt Inverter. This gave me considerably more “Dry Camping” capabilities.
Upgrade to Victron Energy Systems Components
About 18 months ago, I upgraded from AGM batteries to Lithium Ion battery system from Lithionics.com. The system I selected had 5 – 150 AHrs (750 Ahr total) and Dual 450 Amp BMS controller. The BMS has a dedicated Charging port, and a discharge port, so it can more accurately estimate the % SOC based on the columetric data collected on the Charging and Discharging ports. I also had an RS-232 Serial interface added so I can remotely read out battery status and operating parameters. The Lithionics BMS also has Low Reserve cut off @ 10 % SOC and over-charging prevention. It also has a Field Control interface to the Auxiliary Alternator, I added for charging the large battery bank, while driving.
I installed a Victron Venus GX data communication module to handle interface to all of the Victron equipment I have added to the RV. This will give me remote access to all systems either directly via an Always On internet connection I have in the RV or using the cloud based Monitoring system provided by Victron for all users of their systems.

I have attached a PDF document with more details of this just completed installation.
Thanks to SSTraveler for input and review of the installation process.

Attachments

Last edited:

DiverBob

2018 Unity TB
Re: Insrallation of Victron MulriPlus 3000 in 2014 Unity MB

Great job! I just got my Victron 3K inverter installed also, ready for its first big test run on our Florida trip this week!

IndyDick

2016 MB

Great job! I just got my Victron 3K inverter installed also, ready for its first big test run on our Florida trip this week!
Where ya going in Florida? The wife and I are leaving Sunday for Pensacola Beach area at Fort Pickens National Park..Not enough time to go further down. In any case, have a safe trip.

DiverBob

2018 Unity TB

Where ya going in Florida? The wife and I are leaving Sunday for Pensacola Beach area at Fort Pickens National Park..Not enough time to go further down. In any case, have a safe trip.
Heading for Jacksonville for a few days, then further south to Jupiter Beach for some scuba diving, back up to Hernando to visit family before heading back home. Looking forward to leaving the gray cold skies of Michigan if only for a couple of weeks!

Top Bottom