cold weather operation & fuel treatment

Nbulken

What can I look forward to once winiter really sits in? Who treats their fuel above and beyond the typical 'winter blend' which most northern fuel sources do. I live in central NY. I'm an ex trucker, and dispatcher, so I'm looking ahead towards winter and daily care and feeding of my office van. I've got an '04 118" wb window van (I would say passenger, except I doubt it ever had passenger seats) in it. I'm running about 200 miles a day currently, putting in two tanks of fuel per week, I expect it will be about the same straight through winter. Anyone have a favored fuel treatment if you use one at all? Thanks for looking!

Ned

rlent

I used Howes last winter but I've been using Power Service Diesel Kleen + Cetane Boost (silver bottle) since the summer as centane booster and injector cleaner, now that it's getting chilly I'm using Diesel Fuel Supplement + Cetane Boost for it's anti-gel (as well as a cetane booster and injector cleaner) I found it to be easy to get (WalMart, Tractor Supply, etc) and economically priced.

Others here have mentioned RedLine - I've never used it myself but it seem to be well thought of by those that use it.

Nbulken

Thanks,
It's been awhile since I was in the truck, but I remember Power service from back in the day. I'll swing by TSC and pick up a few bottles. Good thing is that the company reimburses for all expenses that aren't covered by the fuel card.

Top Bottom