Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Write-Ups

Old 11-18-2018, 06:02 AM   #51
overland.van

Default Re: Stereo Upgrade Install!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHerd View Post
That looks nice. What bezel did you go with, and did you have to do any trimming?

I think it was a Scosche dash kit... not sure, donít have the packaging any longer. No trimming, as the in-dash Unit is actually a single DIN... take a look at the product pictures of it on Crutchfield or Alpineís website, and youíll see what Iím talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
overland.van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:43 PM   #52
Onefin

Default Re: Windows, Fans, Floor, Bench Seat, and Stage 1 Insulation Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland.van View Post
Now the big modifications begin.

Two days ago, I dropped the van off with the team at White River Overland in Aspen. They weren't the closest shop to me, but they also weren't as far away as some I had been in communication with. But, they were able to get me in NOW and with a quick turnaround time, which was important given I had some unexpected downtime at work and wasn't traveling for a couple of weeks. Other outfitters were pushing off into December, or early next year, which would put me into ski season before being able to have fans / ventilation, and the ability to bring friends up to the resorts with me.

The work list is as follows:
  • Rear bench conversion: 3-person converted to 2-person
  • Rear bench installation: Left (driver's) side of van, in 1.5 position
  • Floor treatment: TPO Coin Grip (black) with aluminum extrusion finishings and recessed L-track along back of the van for bike fork mounts, as well as thinsulate under floor
  • Lizard skin sound deadening and ceramic thermo barriers
  • Exterior scene lighting, passenger side
  • Headliner upholstery and thinsulate behind headliner
  • Driver and passenger side RB Components 10x36 bunk windows in rear side panels
  • Driver side factory fixed glass in panel behind driver
  • Two Maxxair 7500k fans
They sent me some pics yesterday... they got to work quick!

Scott at WRO is a really nice and professional guy......tons of window experience at that shop. Thatís a nice chunk of work to get out of the way. Nice that you are doing some yourself and having some done professionally, probably keeps things moving without destroying the budget. Please post photos of finished work.
Onefin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Onefin For This Useful Post:
overland.van (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #53
overland.van

Default Re: Windows, Fans, Floor, Bench Seat, and Stage 1 Insulation Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefin View Post
Scott at WRO is a really nice and professional guy......tons of window experience at that shop. Thatís a nice chunk of work to get out of the way. Nice that you are doing some yourself and having some done professionally, probably keeps things moving without destroying the budget. Please post photos of finished work.
Yeah, they were extremely professional. I spent the afternoon I dropped the van off with them talking through the details of the work, and was personally introduced, by Scott, to the entire team that would be working on the van. That was a nice touch, and definitely made me feel more comfortable, as I usually get nervous dropping a vehicle off with a new-to-me shop.

I will certainly post pictures here, but if you want more timely updates, I'm also posting them to the instagram for my van build which is @overland.van or https://www.instagram.com/overland.van/ (yes, I am that guy with multiple instagram accounts, but when you have two adventure vehicles, and practice landscape photography as a hobby, it helps keep things organized)
Old 11-24-2018, 08:22 AM   #54
IPT

Default Re: 2018 Sprinter Cargo 144 Adventure Van

What do you think of that Sub woofer? I have 3000 (peak) watts of servo driven subs in my home theater, but I'm not looking to go nuts in the van. I'm going to start with just upgrading the front speakers when doing the sound deadening and insulation, but do know that a sub can really add the little something to music. Any thoughts about it now that you have had it?
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:10 AM   #55
overland.van

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPT View Post
What do you think of that Sub woofer? I have 3000 (peak) watts of servo driven subs in my home theater, but I'm not looking to go nuts in the van. I'm going to start with just upgrading the front speakers when doing the sound deadening and insulation, but do know that a sub can really add the little something to music. Any thoughts about it now that you have had it?

I am trying to hold off final judgement until I get the van back from White River Overland, as theyíre doing lizardskin sound deadening and I think thatís going to have a positive impact, in addition to some of that cavernous cargo space being filled up by a bench seat (and soon, a MOAB elevator bed and memory foam mattress). Prior to the drop off with WRO, I hadnít really camped in it where I was also listening to music in the back of the van. Since the install, Iíve spent about over 15 hours in the driverís seat, and while you can definitely tell itís there, itís not as noticeable as youíd think, given itís placement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to overland.van For This Useful Post:
IPT (11-25-2018)
Old 01-08-2019, 08:59 PM   #56
VanWindowsDirect

On the Van Bunk Windows everyone may want to check out the AMA Van Bunk Window offerings. They are the All Glass style window so will match with front OEM, CRL or AMA front windows much better then the CRL Bunk Window which is the traditional style with exposed black aluminum frame.
VanWindowsDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VanWindowsDirect For This Useful Post:
sprinterPaul (01-09-2019)

Tags
144'', cargo van, colorado, high roof