Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Sprinter Talk

Sprinter Talk General discussion about anything and everything about Sprinters.
SubForums: Events Scanners

Old 04-02-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
Tonytt

Default Help! Loss of power

I have a 2008 Winnebago View, on a Sprinter 3500 with 3.0 engine. Everything was fine when I parked a few months for the winter. Took it out for first time, and sounds like it went into Limp Home mode. No power. I pulled over, put in neutral, and could rev the engine just fine. But no power, when back in gear. Check Engine light was on all the time.
Tonytt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:01 PM   #2
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 8,503 Times in 6,165 Posts
Default Re: Help! Loss of power

Possibly either loss of turbo (due to air leak), or the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor is reporting whacko numbers (i.e. far too hot).

Having something like a ScanGauge or UltraDAQ (can read P-code error message, can directly report IAT numbers) helps lots.
Most auto parts stores have "loaner" scanners which you can use in their parking lot ... although Sprinters confuse them, it can give a hint about the Check Engine light. (but also can be quite misleading ... so return with what brand of scanner gave what report .. and include the number "P1010" as well as the scanner's guess about what it meant)

An Autel 802 all-systems or an Autel 808 would give a solid answer.

--dick
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))
autostaretx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to autostaretx For This Useful Post:
Flagster (04-02-2019), sailquik (04-06-2019)

Tags
egr valve, loss of power, turbo resonator