Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Write-Ups

NCV3 Write-Ups Help other NCV3 owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:31 PM   #41
alleno

Default Re: 2013 170" high roof van build

No, not even sure I was aware of using metal studs as an option - was just easier for me to use wood - especially where I live since it is hard to source other materials.

Would love to see some pictures of what you are using however.
alleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:37 PM   #42
alleno

Sink install

Okay I finally got around to putting the sink in. Had to pull the tool box out to put the drain in and run the electrical for the faucet (which I will install after the winter is over). That was a pain but it did let me inspect how the insulation is doing behind the box (this is cotton batting) and it was as dry as a bone back there. So that is good to know.

The sink will drain outside of the van but if I need to, I can pull the clear hose out of the black PVC irrigation pipe (that I used as the pass through from the inside of the van to the outside) and run it into a grey water jug.

Should be nice to have a sink for our trips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sink.JPG (95.7 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg sink under cabinet.JPG (69.3 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg Sink drain.JPG (97.5 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg sink exit van.JPG (110.6 KB, 191 views)
Old 05-17-2017, 06:15 PM   #43
alleno

New Photos, insulation update

Okay here are some more pictures of the van after we have been using it for a number of trips. Been great so far. The tray for the bikes in the back has been very nice for loading and unloading bikes, the one big challenge is if you park on an incline then it is either sliding open or closed depending on the incline. Have to find some way to lock it in place.

Bed and upper cabinets have been working great, very comfortable set up. I also installed some LED lights by Luminoodle https://powerpractical.com/products/luminoodle-led-light-rope. that work great.

Insulation in the van has been good. I have looked at the cotton insulation that I had in and it shows no sign of absorbing any water even though we have been using the van in cold temps.

inside photo.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inside photo counter.jpg (143.7 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg inside back.jpg (144.2 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg inside tray.jpg (189.5 KB, 108 views)
Old 05-17-2017, 06:18 PM   #44
alleno

new faucet

My original faucet which was electric (i.e. when you pressed a button it powered the pump - vs a pressurized system) didn't last long due to the bulb being plastic. So I replaced it with a system by Flowjet http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/beve...ing-system.htm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new faucet.JPG (170.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg new faucet under sink.JPG (195.7 KB, 89 views)
Old 05-17-2017, 06:23 PM   #45
alleno

heat exchanger under passenger seat

So long ago I promised some pictures of the heat exchanger and air heater that I installed under the passenger seat. So here they are.

I hooked some water heater hose up to the heat exchanger, these will be used to heat water for showers which at this time will be done by pumping water from a bucket through the heat exchanger and back to the bucket. Once the water is hot enough a shower head with a pump will be placed in the bucket. Not sure how hot the water will get right away so wanted to play with it first.

Other ideas are welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg passenger seat heat exchanger.JPG (245.5 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg passenger seat heat exchanger1.JPG (228.7 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg passenger seat heat exchanger2.JPG (226.3 KB, 111 views)
Old 07-08-2018, 09:00 PM   #46
alleno

Just a post to say that my water heater works great. The water can get very hot so you need to make sure it is not scalding before use. Heats water up way faster then a large pan on a propane stove.

The downside is that you have to set the system up (ie pull out hoses, hook pump up to one end of one hose, both hoses then go in bucket, plug pump into DC outlet). When water is hot turn it off, drop shower head pump in and shower then put everything away vs if you just had a permanent shower set up.

Upside is that it is super flexible, can easily heat up multiple buckets of water (if water is easy to get) and you can take buckets anywhere to shower.
The Following User Says Thank You to alleno For This Useful Post:
odix@yahoo.com (07-10-2018)

Tags
cabinets, espar d5 hydronic, headliner, insulation, insulation noise