keyless entry and slide?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Is keyless entry and slide available on the 2007 Sprinter in the U.S.? Thanks.
Hello JCSHELL
On the first shipment of Sprinters, the Electrically operating sliding door option appears not to be listed, you would be looking at no less than US 1500.00 to 2500.00 depending on your option for front doors with auto opening and lock and or with front doors and sliding door electric opening option.
full options are listed on the Dodge site.
Richard

JCSCHELL

2021 144 High Roof 4x4
Hello,

Will the electrically operating sliding door option be available in the US on later shipments of 2007 Sprinters?

Thank you.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I would have thought this option was going to be offered on the New U.S Sprinters , when you think of the volume of Sprinters being used by couriers pressed for time, or with arms full of other delivery products.A simple single press key option on, ones hand operation saves time, also it would have been a winner for disabled people, because of a handicap liability.
It may come latter on if demand indicates a volume of sales x=unknown, however there is an updated Sprinter Due for release in Europe for the Sprinter, in June 2007 mostly mechanical, improvements along with some extra options becoming standard on the Sprinter.
At the moment there is only the remote entry option for unlocking or closing the door locks.
Richard

JCSCHELL

2021 144 High Roof 4x4
Hi,

I read where you wrote that Becker jet will supply and fit the electronic door ! If you can affrord it. Would you please tell me more?

Thanks,

Cheryl

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Cheryl
Re-Becker this option was for the older Sprinter not the new current series referring to the electronic key operated electrically opening doors.
In Europe there is an option for two rear sliding doors not one.
First option Front doors open and shut only part way about 4' to 6' inches must be for handless folk?
Second option for side sliding electrically operated doors, both will open and slide interdependently to each other this is programed by Mercedes-Benz.Rear cargo doors same if you want, I think this is a special order option only for Emergency vehicles, and the cargo door rear option does not show on the Listed UK or European sites.but the feature exists!
For the time being Dodge does not appear to offer this option , However there is an upgrade for Spring in the U.S. that indicates further refinements and options windows and doors are mentioned but nothing specific,and I honestly know no more than the memo's I have seen from D-B in Europe.
The kit or option can be ordered as a separate item take away from the Desk if you push it, as Mercedes prefer to retro fit these units by their own staff, for obvious reasons and it's more profitable to order it when buying the vehicle new where you can order to the build sheet of options.
Mercedes-Benz in the USA will not supply the unit as to the Dodge has the franchise for the Sprinters/freightliners not Mercedes-Benz which is a separate independent franchisee holding licenses to sell only the sedans.. If Mercedes tried to order it in, there would be and inquiry from Damlier -Benz asking why? you have to get it from Chrysler.
My thoughts would be to contact the supplier who fits out the emergency vehicles , for the Sprinters they may be able to assist further to your inquiry re Electric door opening.
There are many after market kits in Europe for auto opening doors , but for the older Sprinters only, you would need an expert in Electronics to work out the program if you were to integrate this unit into the Dodge.as it has to be compatible to the Computer assist program.
I've tried to ask for information From Becker many times but have not received a reply, maybe they do it only for the Becker units, , so I suggest you ring them, and ask if they can do it for you.
If you require a link to the UK site for options on the Sprinter and prices which would give you an idea to how much they are retail then I can provide you with this, it's also in the 2007 Mercedes/Dodge/Freightliner OEM section as there are cross references to Australian UK and American sites.
Unfortunately different countries have different options.but it's a good read to educate you, as to the different ways Sprinters are sold elsewhere especially with Engine and Transmission options.
If you need assistance further let me Know and I may be able to help.
My guess is your local dealer either would not know or maybe is not that interested in a special order as His or her preference would be towards shifting inventory stocks only, some will go out of their way to help, others well!'Wont'.
Standard Sprinter in Europe, Key entry only, no assist. next option Key-less entry and Slide, next option Electrically opening sliding door! left or right, or optioned for both sliding doors, next Electric closing door assist. on the last option "electric closing door assist this is for all six doors.
Correction rear cargo assist doors are listed,

Richard

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Click link to UK specifications12007 Electric door options
U.S Prices for Electric assist front doors left and right $ 834.00
...................Rear Cargo Doors..............................$ 980.00
...................Side Sliding Doors both sides...............$2307.00
...............................................................Total..$4121.00
Plus Fitting.. plus freight... plus Tax
Hands up who's buying:thinking:

Seriously this link is for retro fitting of electric doors, they export world wide
it may be of help, to any one having difficulty for wheelchair use or for those who are incapacitated.
Mercedes Sprinter electric door conversions right click Products
Remote control assist.
Complies to ISO standards
three second response time for activation finger jamming sensor wiring programs and part numbers.

7492-001IMG1.gif

7492-007IMG1.gif
Richard7491-001IMG1.gif7493-001IMG1.gif

Attachments

Last edited:

JCSCHELL

2021 144 High Roof 4x4
richard,

thank you very much for taking the time to provide this helpful information! it's good to know that there's something available, albeit expensive. i may be back to bug you with more questions...or perhaps a solution!

cheryl

JCSCHELL

2021 144 High Roof 4x4
greetings richard,

i emailed alex for 2007 parts availability and pricing but haven't received a reply.

since i live in the u.s., how would i go about purchasing parts/manuals from alex?

thanks,

cheryl

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Cheryl
I looked at the site first it was dead then I got it to come on line, Good question it's an Israel site
Two links included try these two instead
http://www.alex-original.com
info@alex-original.com
We have a factory that does these in My State and is an international one so maybe if you have no luck I'll ring them this end
Out of interest I was looking on eBay this evening and noticed a new Sprinter that has the electronic door I think RHD just behind the main pillar I saw an enclosed black box and a closed wiring loom this must have something to door with the door electronics unless your after the ones on the last page of the post , I'm sure these would be available in the UK and Germany, if you come to a dead end, I'll chase them up, to see if if I can find out further info.
I know it's a silly question! have you inquired if you can get them from Dodge even as a Special order, or did you want to retro fit onto an older Sprinter.
Richard

BESLC

Richard,

I am in the same boat as Cheryl. I also live in the U.S.A.and wish to purchase a 144" wheelbase Passenger version Sprinter for wheelchair transport(side lift entry). The problem is that the 2007 U.S version does not come with the power side door option, as it does in Europe. I have contacted DC and Dodge several times and have been told that this option will not be available on the U. S. model, no one can explain why. I have further contacted every conversion company I come across and ask if they have a power side door opertor or can obtain one, so far it has been one dead end after another. Because the 2007 has been changed significantly no one seems to be interested in the R&D to do an aftermark kit, or to see if the operator can be ordered in europe and installed here. By the way , I already asked Dodge if I could order the kit through them , they said no.

Any help or direction you can provide on this issue is greatly appreciated..thank you for your time.

JCSCHELL

2021 144 High Roof 4x4
hi,

i spoke with sam at the 'alex original' uk dealer: +442089910055 via skype.

sam says the kit will work in the 2007 sprinter. i wonder if it will work in the us 2007 sprinter...?

the price for the sliding door kit is: 1,367.67 USD. i didn't request the cost of freight or tax. i also didn't ask delivery time.

now i have to find someone willing and able to do the install...

cheryl

BESLC

To Cheryl,

We seem to be trying to order Sprinters for conversion. I would be interested talking with you about where you are in the process. I am very interested in the power side door kit as well, since it is not an option on the 2007. Would you be interested in talking so we can share information? If so let me know how best to contact you.

Take care,

Bill

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Cheryl and Bill
Sorry I missed this part of the thread .
It's a crazy world we live in , you'd think you could get them in the States with a population of 300 million give or take a few illegals where some one has this system available as retro fit?
We can get them here down under we also have a company in Tassie and Victoria and Sydney that does the conversions similar to Alex.
I had a lead today from a Company called {COPE} which has subsidiary's in the States that does these conversions plus other magic tricks with the back end of a Sprinter you drive in and up it goes everything is electric, so l'll check tomorrow if they do them in the states or just specialize in body conversions.
I suppose I could ask Mercedes if the kit can be purchased as a separate item, as sprinters here have the option available
You never know your luck
Richard:thumbup:

Last edited:

JCSCHELL

2021 144 High Roof 4x4
greetings richard,

thank you very much for your help.

as a powerchair user, i rarely leave my home because i don't have an accessible vehicle. i've been waiting since last august for the u.s. 2007 sprinter, thinking it would have the power sliding door. like bill, i keep running into dead-ends. the possibility of an aftermarket soluton is encouraging.

cheryl

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hello Cheryl
I will inquire today and Friday via Mercedes down under for a Kit number as the kit can be purchased from Mercedes-Benz, but need to find out how you can get it at your end.
Richard

BESLC

Richard,

I want to thqank you for all of your time and effort on the power side door kit. It is much appreciated..thank you!
I look forward to hearing if this kit is available and can be purchased and installed in the U. S. Again thank you for your time and assistance.

Bill

Top Bottom