Drive-in Theaters Extinct?

• Thread starter Deleted member 50714
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 50714

Kids today are certainly being rooked out of a simple, inexpensive and most certainly pleasurable experience. What could be better than sneaking off to the drive-in, snuggling with a heartthrob inside a private cocoon, late into the evening. Damn...

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Ciprian

Spark Plugs not allowed!
I just happen to pass by one in Cleveland, OH.

Thinking about it, it has been a loooong time since I used one, 20+ years.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

There is one about 30 minutes from Portland Oregon. Its not uncommon for the line of cars waiting to get in to back up to the hwy on Friday/Saturday nights. Midweek showings are less crowded.

D

Deleted member 50714

There is one about 30 minutes from Portland Oregon. Its not uncommon for the line of cars waiting to get in to back up to the hwy on Friday/Saturday nights. Midweek showings are less crowded.
Hi Owen, how's the trailer retrofit, I think about it occasionally.

Pointyquill

Wow that is a shockingly low number to me. I know they're a bit of a relic these days, but that's really surprising. And yes, it's definitely a shame that they're not more popular. I've had some great dates & fond memories at an old drive-in. Let's not forget the double features too!
It is a saddengly low number, but I'm actually surprised that it's not lower.

I too, have many fond memories of drive-in movie theaters.

DougE

We have a brand new one in New Braunfels, Texas. (Don't know how it's doing though.)
Know there's an old one in Lubbock, Texas still in operation.
Makes more sense to have them down south where the weather is better most of the year.

asimba2

ourkaravan.com
There's one in the Sacramento area too. I have wanted to take the Sprinter but would likely block the view for everyone else.

We have a brand new one in New Braunfels, Texas. (Don't know how it's doing though.)
Know there's an old one in Lubbock, Texas still in operation.
Makes more sense to have them down south where the weather is better most of the year.
I miss Schlitterbahn... :thumbup:

Top Bottom