What's quicker from 0-100mph- a 1.9 liter Harley-Davidson, or a 0 liter Zero?

At Bob's prompting (and to dispel glasseye's confusion over what the word "fast" means), I'm starting a new thread.

So the question is- What's quicker from 0-100mph- an unrestricted 2018 Harley-Davidson FLHP "Road King" with a 114 cubic inch engine, or a stock electronically-restricted 2018 Zero DSRP motorcycle with NO engine?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 50714

I need more info before I make a decision, define "electronically restricted." And, how can a motorcycle race if it has no engine? I think you're being disingenuous. ZERO
DSRP, whatever that is, I assume has an electric motor as opposed to an internal combustion engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need more info before I make a decision define "electronically restricted."
Lol.

The Zero DSRP is battery-powered, so it is designed not to allow the battery's full power to be applied under certain circumstances. For example, it won't allow additional power to be applied above 102 mph, thus restricting it's top speed to 102 mph.

Because torque.
Lol, no. The Harley-Davidson actually puts out more torque than the Zero.

The reason is because of horsepower- horsepower to weight ratio, to be exact.

The Harley-Davidson and the Zero both put out a little less than 70 horsepower, but the Harley-Davidson weighs 845 pounds, and the Zero weighs 487 pounds.

That's why the Harley-Davidson struggled to reach 100mph from a standing start in 19.12 seconds, and the Zero zipped to 100mph from a standing start in only 15.09 seconds.

glasseye

Lol, no. The Harley-Davidson actually puts out more torque than the Zero
After a while, yes. The Harley can (according to the marketing materials) produce about 100 ft-lbs. About 20% more than the Zero.

The Zero provides peak torque at launch. The Harley has to spool up, by which time the Zero is gone. (he said, never having witnessed such an event)

And yes, the Hog's mass is nearly twice that of the Zero.

I humbly request permission to change my answer:

Because Newton.

Last edited:

Top Bottom