seatbelt chime

ircsmith

Squid
I remember others disliking the chime reminding us to buckle up. not sure if anyone came up the the solution and if so sorry for the repetitive information. i had some time today and wanted that chime to go away. if you disconnect the yellow junction that goes up to the drivers seat and short it with a 100 Ohm resister the chime is silenced with no SRS warnings. :cheers:

Do you put the resistor across and still leave the plug in? I unplugged mine and placed the resistor into the truck side of the plug and still get the noise. I didn't have a 100ohm but I had to 250 ohm I think and when I twisted them Parallel it brought the value to 126. Is that too high maybe ? A diagram would be helpful also. :)

Blknght

It really is as easy as he makes it sound. I went to Fry's n purchased a small pack of 100 ohm resisters. Unplugged yellow plug under seat, and placed the ends of the resistor into,the truck side plug. Works perfectly!:thumbup:

johnshmit

Aww thanks John, I have been offline for a long time, the triple have been taking most of my time. I'll try and do an update soon.
Understand. I've got only one and now have to skip words and don't check my spelling any more:rolleyes:

Speyer

Can i ask the obvious question? Why not just wear the seatbelt? Its a lot safer, No?
I wear my seatbelt 100% of the time when driving, which is exactly why I don’t need my van yelling at me with the reminder! In my case, it’s the unnecessarily long annoying chime upon ignition that is the problem. Can’t even roll my windows down without getting yelled at! It’s annoying.

I’ll try the 100 ohm resistor trick. Failing that, but those buckle extensions. Thx fellas!

Top Bottom