"Best" Transit forum

Kidstick

Hi guys,
I'm a proud owner of a Sprinter 2008.
I know at some point I will buy another van, and I'm always looking at good and cons about everything.
I still don't know if I'll move toward the transit or stay with MB.
That's why I'm looking for a discussion board for the transit
I know alot of members here have or are looking at the transit, so I was wondering if anyone can recommend one or two transit forum like this one.
I've seen plenty of them but doesn't look like there is a lot of threads and members.
Cheers
Vincent

lindenengineering

Guys I can't help myself and clicking onto Dave's link to the venerated Ford Transit Forum site:-
I see this :-

Yesterday I went out to my van, and it wouldn't start. acted like a dead battery, wouldn't turn over I checked the battery, 12.6 volts. Figured it was probably the starter. As the van is still under warranty, I called Ford roadside service, and they sent out a flatbed to come get the van.
A couple hours later I get a call from the service manager telling me that the engine is seized. WTF? I parked it in my driveway the day before and it was running fine. No strange sounds or smells no loss of power. Not overheated and with about 300 miles since the last oil change.
It doesn't seem possible to me that the engine can seize while sitting in the driveway overnight. At first I thought to myself, "who cares it is under warranty." But then I got to thinking, this mechanic might be trying to scam Ford out of several hours of labor Why would he think twice about scamming me? Or worse yet he is really incompetent and thinks this is the problem. how bad is he going to screw up my engine? What do you guys think?

Now lets change the analogy a bit.
My husband who is fit as fiddle and even walked/jogged to the shops late night, went to bed and seized up!
The medical staff now tell me that he had had a stroke! WTF
." But then I got to thinking, this doctor might be trying to scam the insurance company and my bank account out of several hours of doctoring Why would he think twice about scamming me? Or worse yet he is really incompetent and thinks this is the problem. how bad is he going to screw up my husband What do you guys think?

From my perspective this is funny and even better than the Sprinter forums!:lol::lol:
I can only have so much entertainment nightly, me seeing the funny side of everything! :lol:
Dennis

Garandman

Guys I can't help myself and clicking onto Dave's link to the venerated Ford Transit Forum site:-
I see this// Derogatory //
As Transit outsold Sprinter last year 138,000 to 28,000 (5 to 1), apparently a few bad ones snuck through. Even the obsolete E series outsells Sprinter almost 2:1.

We purchased a 2015 Transit with EcoBoost at work. We evaluated Sprinter and Transit had many advantages. There were many former Sprinter owners on Transit Forum, and even some fleet owners who were operating both.

They aren’t stupid.

Last edited:

HarryN

It is always interesting to compare the various van options. None of them have ALL of the core features that I would like, but all have something that makes them attractive ( maybe the word attractive is stretching it )

Top Bottom