Dodge sprinter worth the money?

falcans

Good day all i found this forum by searching on google and figured i come here and ask my questions!

I run a cleaning business i recently sold my cargo trailer for the fact it takes up too much space and my machines were not properly secured and having over 10,000 of product and machines is not worth it. I recently searched on kijji there is a dealership in toronto that sell sprinters they start at 8995 with 3 year warranty and they start at 212000km Diesel he said he also has 1.7l??

My questions are is the dodge sprinter reliable? Couple sources say they have transmission issues can someone please clarify if that is the issues?

Im glad i came to the right place!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

falcans

i think the one i was looking at was a 2004 how many km to a tank does everyone get? the guy said 1200km is this kinda hard to believe?

rvdriverca

my 2006 158" WB. 10-12 litters per 100 km. I have 160k km. and never had a major problem. I expect to do 500k km more, maintenance and parts are high. Make sure there is a service dealer in your area, for you year of Sprinter. Sprinters made AFTER 2006 are not the same. get it inspected by a qualified machanic, no inspection don't buy it. and make sure to use ONLY proper lubrications, filters, and parts. Not any oil or trany fluid will work. :2cents:

falcans

my 2006 158" WB. 10-12 litters per 100 km. I have 160k km. and never had a major problem. I expect to do 500k km more, maintenance and parts are high. Make sure there is a service dealer in your area, for you year of Sprinter. Sprinters made AFTER 2006 are not the same. get it inspected by a qualified machanic, no inspection don't buy it. and make sure to use ONLY proper lubrications, filters, and parts. Not any oil or trany fluid will work. :2cents:
so does the diesel actually save you money in the end lol the guy gives 3 year warranty so is 2002 sprinter ok?

This guy bought almost 100 sprinters and is now down to about 20 sprinters he is the biggest seller in toronto apparently to the people i spoke too

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
There aren't any 1.7L in Canada, just 2.7L for a 2002. I get up to 30 MPG , 625 Miles per tank or 1000km all hwy at 80km/h not city, not 1200km
If the warranty is legitimate I'd go for it, but read the details and research BBB or online if it's a scam company offering the waranty.
The transmissions commonly have a wild vibration to them we call Rumple Strip Noise, which can be fixed with a fix sold here from DR. A , or a leaking wire connector also an easy fix, neither a free recall.
If you are not mechanically inclined, expect to pay 3 X more for repairs from Dodge or Mercedes dealers who generally are not there in your best interest with few competent mechanics . Parts are very exspensive. Do more research and stay away if you don't like complicated machines.

Glass Man

If your talking about the guy on steeles then i would check them over very carfully. When i bought my last one i looked at some of his and they were from quebec and that means they could be either write off repairs or have the speedo turned back, in fact one of the cube vans he that i was looking at had the dash tore apart and the cluster out at the time i was looking at it. Prices seem good but that just means he got them dirt cheap.

Top Bottom