Buzzer and cruise control !

jaahn

Hi :hmmm:
Firstly; I have a question about a high pitched buzzer in my bus. I am uncertain of its exact purpose, but it has come on in the past when I leave the key in the ignition and perhaps when the door is left open under some conditions. Perhaps you could tell me what exactly it should do.

Lately it seems to be coming on at other times. It was on all the time when I was driving the other day. I would check it out if I knew what it should do. Also could you tell me where I might find the actual noise unit. As I am a bit deaf the high pitched noise is hard for me to track.:thinking:

Secondly; on the subject of fitting a cruise control. Would an original factory stalk work in my early vehicle. What extra parts including wiring and other stuff are required as well as the stalk. Any picture ? I note in another thread the ECU will need activating for it to work.
My vehicle is a 2000 312D bus. Vin WDB 903 4632 P987 568

Thanks in advance :thumbup: Jaahn

david_42

The "buzzer" is electronic and integrated into one of the circuit boards. It is a general purpose reminder that some relatively minor problem is occurring. Mine went to 'on all the time' when mouse-damage caused the parking brake off switch to short out. Made for a very annoying 75-minute drive to a shop.

LionelM

Jaahn - The after market kits sold here are far too expensive and non genuine MB.

We sourced a genuine MB kit from the UK for about half the price . Eric fitted it for me and Owner did the computer bit. It comes complete with all the wiring.

I've just returned home after a five month, 12,000km trip and the cruise was a godsend and worked perfectly.

My Sprinter is a 2004 model. I think Eric would have the link to the UK supplier.

Lionel

Eric Experience

Jaahn.
The buzzer comes on for many things, check all the switches are off. you have a fog light switch on the right end of the dash, make sure it is off. The Cruise control stalk is the same for all sprinters. Eric.

jaahn

Hi :smilewink:
Just some feed back on the buzzer. I have previously changed the feed for the interior roof lights from the vehicle battery to the house battery. I note also the radio and the rear reverse camera are also on that circuit in my bus :thinking:

I did have the house battery disconnected at the time of the problem. I guess the buzzer circuit sensed something important to itself and went on. I still do not know where it is ?
Thanks Jaahn

Top Bottom