Fog Light Addition?

JEB858

Has anyone added fog lights to their Sprinter? I have a 2014 3500 and the headlight switch is set up for fogs but nothing in the front bumper:( Not sure if wiring and brackets are in place.

GSWatson

2013 144
The factory fog lights require a different plastic bumper that has the mounting tabs for the lights. You could probably make something up if you were keen.

I don’t think the wiring is there; it probably just made more sense for MB to make one headlight switch and install it in every van rather than separate switches.

Greg

ENMeyer

I removed a set of fogs from a bumper that had them factory installed. You could easily dremmel out the holes and attach these factory lights. It might be best to do it by removing the bumper, which isn't terribly tough.

If you want them, let me know, as I won't be using them. Just pay shipping.

pfflyer

I removed a set of fogs from a bumper that had them factory installed. You could easily dremmel out the holes and attach these factory lights. It might be best to do it by removing the bumper, which isn't terribly tough.

If you want them, let me know, as I won't be using them. Just pay shipping.
If the OP is not interested I will take you up on it. I have UPS and Fedx accounts.

electrostatic

I have a 2018 MB 2500. I'm looking to cut holes in the front bumper cover and add fog lamps. is there an OEM factory kit available?

TrackSprinter

2016 Motovan Boondocker
Perhaps if you had a plastic welder you can put some tabs inside the bumper to mount the lamp assembly to the non-foglight bumper??

Or you could contact some upfitters for a factory bumper WITH the foglight assembly built in. I just installed mine yesterday. Some Sprinter enthusiasts go with the big metal bumpers and the discarded stock bumpers go in the back of the shop somewhere. My local upfitter even went as far as to obtain the factory rocker switch with raw pins, standard pigtail connectors, and a relay harness for me (all that costed more than what he charged me for the bumper). I went and bought some power cord to make the power connections to the lights. AND, because your "aftermarket" foglights are not hooked into the canbus, you don't have to add resistor harnesses (which get very hot) to fool the canbus when running aftermarket LED bulbs. My Hikari 9600lumen cool white LED's just came today from Amazon. When it stops raining, Im going underneath and replacing the bulbs!

Top Bottom