Kayak/Bike Rack

Suza

We have been researching a possible downsize from a 30' 5th-wheel to a Sprinter RV. I was getting a bit discouraged, thinking that road-tripping with a Sprinter would require leaving our kayaks home. While visiting our son, who lives near Sandy, Oregon, we decided to check out the possibilities and made a trip to a Sprinter RV dealer in Sandy, since there are none anywhere near our home.

The first question I asked was, "Is there a way to haul our bikes and kayaks without towing them?". This dealer made points with us by having someone, on staff, experienced in this problem (Oregonians are passionate about their bikes and kayaks). Here is the solution he has found:

http://www.rvkayakracks.com/#!prices/c1zix

Each rack is custom built to fit your particular RV and toys. The dealer shared the specs with us, and it looks like the rack can easily be modified if you get different yaks; the bike portion looks like it can be adjusted to fit most any bike.

I'm excited :clapping: Would appreciate any comments regarding these or other ways to bring along two hybrid bikes and two kayaks (one 11 ft. touring and one 9'6" SOT. We are leaning toward a B+ class, possibly Leisure Travel.

Top Bottom