Orton DIY - Misc.

Suza

Leveling:

A way to determine how many Lynx plastic leveling blocks are required to level van. My van has a 144" wheelbase. Made a wood block that is 1/16 scale for the wheelbase and tread of the van. 144/16 = 9" long. Did the same for the tread width. The plastic blocks are 1" thick so I used 1/16" thick flat washers. Wood block has a two direction bubble level screwed to the top. I put wood block on the sink counter and then add washers to the corners until the block is level. The number of washers tells me how many Lynx levelers are required to level van.
Thanks for sharing your awesome, and scientific, method. I can see how this would eliminate hit-or-miss, trial and error shots at leveling. Get it right and go do something fun! Now I just need to convince DH :smilewink:

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
Thanks for sharing your awesome, and scientific, method. I can see how this would eliminate hit-or-miss, trial and error shots at leveling. Get it right and go do something fun! Now I just need to convince DH :smilewink:

I use the iWoMoSet app on my iPhone. It calculates the amount you need to add under any given wheel to get level. Choose between inches or centimeters. I think the iPhone app was about $3, not sure if it's out for Android phones.

- - Mike
2013 Airstream Interstate on 2012 Sprinter

Suza

I use the iWoMoSet app on my iPhone. It calculates the amount you need to add under any given wheel to get level. Choose between inches or centimeters. I think the iPhone app was about $3, not sure if it's out for Android phones.

- - Mike
2013 Airstream Interstate on 2012 Sprinter
Unfortunately, our dumb phones won't do this, but I will add this to my list of reasons to get a smart phone (thus far, not a very long list).

SunshineinSLO

Since I did not want any exterior indication that my van is an RV, my fresh water tank is filled by opening the sliding door to access the fill opening. I needed a hose end with a control valve. Being old I remembered the old valves used at gas stations to fill the radiator. Bought it from Benford Fueling.
Oooh! YESS! This is EXACTLY what I need! Thank you!

Top Bottom