Awning window fixes?

danielmccoy

2004 Sprinter Westfalia
I have a small crack in the plastic awning window developing in the viewers upper left hand corner as you view the window from the outside. I tried a little super glue. I’m wondering if anyone else has had any luck with a product to help stop it from spreading?

Also, I adjusted the latches on the window, but when the wind is pushing on the passenger side when I’m driving, I hear a fairly constant whistle. I am looking for a link to any gasket or foam weatherstripping that has worked for others. Thanks!

Hotratz

I have a small crack in the plastic awning window developing in the viewers upper left hand corner as you view the window from the outside. I tried a little super glue. I’m wondering if anyone else has had any luck with a product to help stop it from spreading?

Also, I adjusted the latches on the window, but when the wind is pushing on the passenger side when I’m driving, I hear a fairly constant whistle. I am looking for a link to any gasket or foam weatherstripping that has worked for others. Thanks!
If you were to drill a tiny hole at the end of the crack, that should stop it from going any further. Then fill with the appropriate clear epoxy that bonds to that type of plastic.

Just a thought.

Top Bottom