Mirror, Mirror on the visor....

Chandlerazman

...Oh tell me how beautiful I look Mirror, Mirror...

Okay, so my wife has brought this up numerous times... She would like a mirror on the passenger side visor. Lighted is not necessary. Is there a part number for such?
As usual, thanks for you guy'ses help.

aeroshots

Got a SS generic one at Wally World. Self sticking and large. Works great as the wife can primp to my satisfaction.:thumbup:

avid

Saphira's rider
My wife is perfectly happy with a clip on $5 mirror we bought in the auto section of a big box place. She wanted to buy me one too. I respectfully declined. :lol:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
My wife is perfectly happy with a clip on $5 mirror we bought in the auto section of a big box place. She wanted to buy me one too. I respectfully declined. :lol:
Mean while the DW asks but once again

"Who's the fairest of them all".:drool:

And is horrified to learn that the Snow White Sprinter is not only alive and well,and living with the seven dwarfs in Vito-ville down under:eek:
"But Sister Sprinter is still the fairest of them all".
Male definition of self indulgence as to who's fooling Who.
:lol:
Richard
mirror1.jpg

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Is there a part number for such?
I don't see it.... FWIW, I picked up a battery-operated, clip on mirror with a flip lid that turned on the light when the mirror was exposed. I bought it as a joke when I was scabbing pretending to be a plumber/electrician's assistant.....

When I drove my boss to a job site, he said, "what's this?" He flipped it up and the light shined on his face, he saw his eyes and - as he was trying to figure out why it wasn't a map holder or something equally utilitarian - I said, "it's so you can make yourself pretty for the customer."

I had to buy lunch for two weeks, but it was worth it.

-Jon

Attachments

cedarsanctum

re: Member
The wife was actually going to turn down the deal because she discovered it didn't have a mirror. Five dollars later the clip on mirror from Schmucks did the trick.

windsprinter

I needed a mirror for putting in contacts prior to windsurfing. $5 velcro-on mirror works great, its a little folding one with one concave and one flat I can take right off if for any reason I didn't want it on the visor.

Chandlerazman

Well, you guys should know me by now...The anal retentive OCD bastard that must have everything lined up in a row. With that said, I tend to never stray from factory appearances.. :smilewink: My wife on the otherhand would love it if I simply bought a strap on mirror but me??? Nooooo, I gotta have the proper MB component! :laughing: (She does not get to see/read these threads!)

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Well, you guys should know me by now...The anal retentive OCD bastard that must have everything lined up in a row. With that said, I tend to never stray from factory appearances.. :smilewink: My wife on the otherhand would love it if I simply bought a strap on mirror but me??? Nooooo, I gotta have the proper MB component! :laughing: (She does not get to see/read these threads!)
You'll pay for it!If she does.
:popcorn:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Hit the showroom floor and see if there's another MB vehicle - a GL, an ML, something SUVish, and figure out if something sold in our region (note the Vito is not sold in our region) something will work for you and for her.

Alternatively, take a trip. See the world. Rent a Vito, take a ruler to to it and to other visors not sold in Arizona..... find something that works and get a part from Chris Case (SprinterUK).

Here's another thought:

Get out of the business.

Start one that caters to making FrankenSprinters from MB parts around the world.

Find out what parts fit on NAFTA Sprinters. Become the mod-your-Sprinter king, the Matthew Lesko of FrankenSprinters!

You could even have cheesy late night commercials - produced by people like the producers of this commercial:

[youtube]gYTjiIm4h_Q[/youtube]

Yell at the camera. Wave your arms in exaggerated motions. Ask and answer your own questions at the camera, "You want a mirror on your Visor? I have a mirror from a W123 that fits your T1N perfectly. Your wife will love you. Then wink at the camera.

Offer to eat a bug and then scarf down a chocolate covered ant or something.... :)

-Jon

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
I bought a new pickup last decade, the wife wanted that mirror. I pointed out that the package that included the mirror was $1000. I sold that truck after 12 years and she had only used that mirror 5 times. I reminded her that it cost $200 per look. I didn't comment on the other items in the package like the elecric side mirrors. I really liked that option.
This one is $5 on the net.

Last edited:

teamtexas

A Dad owner with a '03
I didn't like the look of a clip on mirror I had in an old truck a while back, so I decided to get the clip on mirrors from wally world and use 2 sided mounting tape to stick them to the back side of the visors.

This all worked great until I purchase a folding window sun shield that required the visors to be left open. I came out after a hot day in the sun to find both mirrors sitting on the seats because the tape gave up the ghost! :thumbdown:

Dan

Chandlerazman

Dan, that is one of my main concerns living in Phoenix. This is another reason I want a stock part :smilewink:
I haven't come up with a solution just yet.

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4
I have not. I'm sure something could be created and wired in, but it's not going to be cheap. I'm looking for a rechargeable solution as I hate batteries.

Overland Gear Guy

Owner of OverlandGearGuy.
...Oh tell me how beautiful I look Mirror, Mirror...

Okay, so my wife has brought this up numerous times... She would like a mirror on the passenger side visor. Lighted is not necessary. Is there a part number for such?
As usual, thanks for you guy'ses help.
the struggle is real! I agree with your wife.... it doesn't have to have a light but it definitely needs a passenger visor mirror. :lol:

Top Bottom