'15 TB Shore Power Socket (coach side) Part Number?

rvthereyet

2015.5 Unity TB
25K wonderful miles on our TB with no real issues or problems.

We decided to overnight with a friend up in Lake City (FL), and yesterday, noticed that our shore power plug socket was "leaning" out of the socket.

Close inspection indicated that the socket assembly contains several parts (black) that make up the male socket attached to the coach, that the 30' power cord threads into.

The inner ring, with threads that attach to the power cord, had become separated from the main plastic body with the failure of the top 2 small screws, and was only attached with the single bottom screw.

Without correctly removing the entire assembly from the RV, there is/was no way of repairing (or replacing) the unit.

I called the wonderful folks at LTV and Darrel said he'd email us the "Furrion" part number, as well as how to access and remove the couch side socket. (it might be available from Amazon?)

To get us going, I put a minimum amount of superglue to hold the inner ring with the outer ring, and after a few hours, went on short power by looping the heavy short power cable "UP" the side of the TB, over the roof and down the passenger side so that there was minimum down pull from the cable weight.

Appreciate any thoughts, hints or ideas you may have...Thanks in advance...

(PS, for what it's worth, my deep and sincere gratitude for all those who contribute toward educating folks like us how the care and feeding of these wonderful RV's.)

mikeme

2015 LTV IB: 2015 3500 V6
I pulled the bottom shelf out of the bathroom under sink cabinet looking for a leak, and noted this is where the shore power enters. (you will not need to pull this shelf out, have to break the shelf to get it out, since it is screwed from the bottom before they install the cabinet)

But I did see that there is quite a bit of extra cable, so you should be able to pull the socket out when you get a replacement, and be able to make the connection outside the coach.

a couple months ago, my plug was on the loose side, so I opened it up, and snugged things up and used some silicone seal to get the gaskets to seal a bit better. the smaller screws you can get to inside stripped in the plastic, but in my case it went back together ok.

would be interested in the part number, so would be great if you can share it here.

there are a few similar parts online, but some might end up with slightly different mounting locations and an inexact fit.

Are you planning to do the replacement yourself, or do some plastic abuse? (or as they used to say, write a check)

this should be just like replacing a plug or lamp socket, except the screws and wires are a little bigger.

Last edited:

alichty

2014 LTV Unity TB
Not long after I got my 2014 TB I was doing an after work swap at my RV storage lot of my daily driver for my RV to get it ready for a trip. In my not very experienced state of mind at the time I drove the TB out of the parking space and then heard a snap sound. I forgot to unplug from the 110V power. :bash:

Turns out the plug in the 110V outlet held just fine and it was the 30A connector on my TB that broke instead. The thread portion of the outlet housing came off as well as part of the plug portion as well. The next day at home I shut off all electrical and yanked the whole assembly out. The leads aren't complicated and a reinstall isn't difficult. I used epoxy to pretty much reconstruct the end of the 30A receptacle and have been using it ever since.

For the record I am a rainy season camper so it has seen more than a few winter's worth of heavy coastal weather and is still working fine. I always intended to replace it during a summer dry spell but since it is still working fine I never got around to it..... :cheers:

mikeme

2015 LTV IB: 2015 3500 V6
if you decide to replace the part, the wire colors are associated with the mounting screw colors.

Take a couple photos before you disconnect the wires, just in case you want to check on the way back together.

Not long after I got my 2014 TB I was doing an after work swap at my RV storage lot of my daily driver for my RV to get it ready for a trip. In my not very experienced state of mind at the time I drove the TB out of the parking space and then heard a snap sound. I forgot to unplug from the 110V power. :bash:

Turns out the plug in the 110V outlet held just fine and it was the 30A connector on my TB that broke instead. The thread portion of the outlet housing came off as well as part of the plug portion as well. The next day at home I shut off all electrical and yanked the whole assembly out. The leads aren't complicated and a reinstall isn't difficult. I used epoxy to pretty much reconstruct the end of the 30A receptacle and have been using it ever since.

For the record I am a rainy season camper so it has seen more than a few winter's worth of heavy coastal weather and is still working fine. I always intended to replace it during a summer dry spell but since it is still working fine I never got around to it..... :cheers:

You are not the only person to have done this.......... causes a very sick feeling! ;-)

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
You are not the only person to have done this.......... causes a very sick feeling! ;-)
That sucks! Might be a good habit to do a through "pre-flight" and walk around. Secure and lock everything before firing up. Everytime! :thumbup:

Top Bottom